Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyday Treasoning: We've Only Just Begun (The Treason Thread, Part 26)

Continued Discussion

Because Treason isn't going to commit itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2020 2:10 AM

Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2020 2:21 AM

End this farce.

It ain't no Resistance unless we resist.

Shut. This. Fucking. Country.

DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2020 3:17 AM

America has been the victim of abuse not only since trump was elected but before from mcconnell. I guess I'm not surprised by the number of hateful bullies that have rallied behind those two thugs. That element has always been part of American culture. It's horrible to watch as the bullies cheat to win without retribution. I can't but hope that their day comes soon. To give up hope means that lying, criminal bullies have won.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2020 3:23 AM

Has anyone heard from Susie's Concerns?

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2020 3:24 AM

Exactly R3. Look at other protests around the world, where whole cities are shut down.

But somehow not the USA. We're either too "What's in it for me?" Or just too damned lazy to get off the sofa. Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2020 3:25 AM

We're headed for the American Maidan. It's the only way these fuckers are gonna leave.

Watch "Winter on Fire" to see what that entails. It ain't gonna be pretty. People are going to die trying to get this country back.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2020 3:34 AM

Chairman Pérez has got to go! Like effective immediately.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2020 4:29 AM

Fun Fact : Pete Buttagieg was one of the people who ran against Tom Perez for DNC Chair.

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2020 4:33 AM

Well, damn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2020 5:39 AM

Just vote for whoever the nominee is / t s fat orange cunt needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2020 5:39 AM

This feels like 2004 all over again.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2020 7:28 AM

^Worse in my opinion. George W was evil, but he never reached the lying, vindictive, destructive and cult levels of this motherfucker. At least he had some minimal respect for institutions, people, political process and values.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2020 7:38 AM

Good on O’Malley. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2020 10:34 AM

Interesting note:. Eric Swalwell was a friend and campaign worker for Martin O'Malley when he ran for Maryland Governor. Swalwell had endorsed O'Malley for President back in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2020 10:51 AM

Frank Rich:

"We’ve reached the nadir where even Gordon Sondland is more of a patriot than @SenatorCollins"

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2020 1:01 PM

Miss Thang, Pete is taken, and even if he wasn't,.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2020 1:03 PM

Could this woman be any more useless?

[quote]Collins says it would not be appropriate for Trump to retaliate against impeachment witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2020 1:20 PM

Could this woman be any more useless?

[quote]Collins says it would not be appropriate for Trump to retaliate against impeachment witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2020 1:20 PM

So Trump's running around giggling and farting while the people who actually pulled his fat ass out of the fire are left thankless and unacknowledged. This does not bode well for President Pisshair.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2020 1:23 PM

R10 thanks for posting. As I’ve been saying for years, Bernie is only for Bernie. Shame he has hoodwinked the bern bros.

Women i know who supported Bernie in 2015/2016 have switched to Elizabeth Warren, because she actually cares about the rights of women, & gun control.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2020 1:41 PM

Doug Jones and Mitt Romney have been nominated for the Profiles in Courage award.

Joe Manchin is in Amy Klobuchar's office hunting for a stapler.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2020 2:04 PM

Susan Collins is foolish and dumb. I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote]Joe Manchin is in Amy Klobuchar's office hunting for a stapler.

She took a bag of them with her to New Hampshire along with a purse full of combs for salads.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2020 2:53 PM

R19, I honestly don't know how she sleeps at night. She is part of the reason a good patriot, like Lt.Col.Vindman has been fired. She's a coward.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2020 3:03 PM

T21 then you'll love this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2020 3:09 PM

Meant for R21, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2020 3:11 PM

Love the first response to the tweet about Collins at R19:

[quote]It is appropriate to retaliate against @SenSusanCollins by voting her out of office this November

#SusanCollinsMustBeReplaced

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2020 3:19 PM

If you repeat a lie enough people start to believe it. If we repeat that tRump is a traitor, a cheat, a criminal - the truth - will it resonate? Why the fuck aren't Dems and their proxies repeating this ad nauseam?? A few brave Repukes might help too...I'm not talking about Rick Wilson, I'm talking about elected officials.

Bloomberg is the only one effectively communicating this.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2020 4:18 PM

Those three lowlifes, need to be in prison or the cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2020 4:27 PM

R29 is correct. We need to CONSTANTLY harp on tRump’s failings. I mean the man cheated a child’s cancer charity. Plus, he’s ripping off the taxpayers by charging them exorbitant fees to house Secret Service agents to protect his fat ass at his properties when he golfs. And then there are a few thousand more reasons why this cretin doesn’t belong in or anywhere near the White House.

And, yes, Bloomberg is the only one who is saying this, and frankly the only one who will keep tRump’s despicable behavior front and center (while also saying what he will do to improve the lives of Americans). There is just something so matter-of-fact about Bloomberg’s delivery of his slams against tRump that I like. As if every sane and rationale person should be able to see that Cheatolini is a total and complete fraud. He’s got tRump’s number — and gets under his skin in the way that Pelosi does — and the lard ass knows it.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2020 4:31 PM

I'd support Bloomberg for POTUS.

Certainly more than Bernie or Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2020 4:43 PM

Yeah, I don't want to slip into this world where only billionaires get to be president, but I am loving Bloomberg's ability to tweak Trump in a way that really seems to get to him.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2020 5:06 PM

[quote] Yeah, I don't want to slip into this world where only billionaires get to be president

Completely agree. But right now, at this particular moment, when the situation is dire and the risk is so great, I’m willing to support Bloomberg. I’d be much less inclined to do so had he not already served three terms as Mayor of New York. Yeah, he may not have been perfect, but he also can admit his failings, i.e., stop and frisk.

We’ve seen what tRump can do in just over the course of the last week. Turn a SOTU speech filled with lies into a disgusting campaign rally in chamber of the House of Representatives. Fire and have marched out of the White House a decorated Purple Heart recipient who testified before Congress — and his twin brother, just for good measure. Give a completely unhinged victory “speech“ in the East Room of the WH, followed up the next morning by an inappropriate address at the National Prayer Breakfast. And give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to a racist, misogynist, homophobic hate-monger.

If we allow this felonious traitor to get four more years at the helm we will be in serious trouble — especially as the world around us is in dire need of leadership — not ignorance — on climate change.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2020 5:42 PM

If Biden drops out then I'm for Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2020 6:14 PM

Bloomberg might make Pete his heir... VP, I mean. He's got to care less about all the politics bullshit that goes into picking a VP. He could do as he pleases. I think Pete could do the job now (I prefer Biden for electability in the end because in the end we're not choosing between Democratic candidates we're choosing between Joe and Trump.) But if he was essentially adjacent to the role for four years, eight (God forbid but Bloomberg is a baby at 77)... he would be hard to defeat in pursuit of the reins... unless it all goes wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2020 6:26 PM

It would be hysterical if Bloomberg beat Trump...

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2020 6:29 PM

R37, From your lips! What would be worse for Trump, being defeated by a young, gay man or Bloomberg? Either one would be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2020 6:44 PM

or both (per R36).

It would, however, be a short ticket.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2020 6:51 PM

I'll take a benevolent billionaire any day over this shit show

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2020 7:06 PM

I have to admit, Bloomberg has impressed me even from the edges much more than I expected him to.

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2020 7:10 PM

I want a president who cannot throw battalion after battalion of lawyers at the American people.

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2020 7:17 PM

Bloomberg/Buttigieg would be a dream ticket, and the American Dream used to be a thing. Bloomberg could effortlessly own Trump in debate, if the latter had the courage to show up.

Imagine Trump's fat sweating clueless attempts at insulting comebacks. The charge-sheet against him is endless. Cometh the hour, cometh the man, Bloomberg. Step up!

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2020 7:20 PM

Pres Bone Spurs seems like he just might trip over his own small dick. He seems to be losing it at a faster rate with every passing day since the trial ended. He will do damage but not just to his political enemies but also this party. Voters are going to be turned off more so than in the midterms. Any bad economic news going forward (growth is slowing and is only at around 2%) we may be looking at a historic landslide for our side which could sweep many surprising Senate seats for Dems.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2020 7:20 PM

Warren/Buttagieg...with Harris as AG

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2020 7:21 PM

Martin O'Malley brought it!

I do not trust Bernie. When they talk about his online army I cannot help but think Russian bots. Why does he have so many more than anybody else? Russian bots, that's how.

That being said, I will vote for him over this current joke in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2020 7:23 PM

One more lie to add to the Trump pile, per Daniel Dale:

The little girl Trump said at the State of the Union was trapped in a “failing government school,” and announced a scholarship for, was already attending a sought-after charter school free, and her mom says it’s great, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2020 7:25 PM

Nichole Wallace has Marco Rubio's number:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2020 7:33 PM

I actually think that Bloomberg's attacking Dotard might be the key to him winning.

No one else will go after Dotard that way and we've now reached a point where people enjoy the mud slinging. I think if people fought back against Dotard's antics instead of, "going high," he wouldn't be getting away with as much as he does now.

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2020 7:36 PM

I'm amazed that some of you think Druimpf is actually going to do any of the debates.

by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote]Joe Biden: "[Trump] should have been pinning a medal on Vindman and not Rush Limbaugh. I think we should all stand and give Colonel Vindman a show of how much we supported him. Stand up and clap for Vindman. Get up there! Who we are. That's who we are. We are not what Trump is."

You have to use way more ellipses in this quote to represent his halting, stumbling manner in saying it. He is way too fucking old. He rambles off like me grandpa when he started getting dementia.

[quote]Yeah, I don't want to slip into this world where only billionaires get to be president, but I am loving Bloomberg's ability to tweak Trump in a way that really seems to get to him.

I keep likening the situation to the one we had here in Illinois. We had an awful Repug billionaire, Bruce Rauner, as governor and he nearly sunk the state and got nothing done. He was taken out by a more benevolent billionaire, JB Pritzker and it's worked out really well. It's literally like being able to breathe after years of something sitting on your chest and I think that's how a lot of people are feeling about Trump right now.

I think a snarky, real billionaire from New York might be exactly what we need to take Trump out. There are so many Trump supporters, especially the stupid white male ones, who say that they support him because he's a successful business man. Bloomberg could get them back and I think he's got the liberal bonafides to hold the left wing, too. We'll see after he's in a debate. Right now, he's all shine and polish in really expensive tv ads.

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2020 7:53 PM

I would love for Bloomberg to itemize every business lie/failing of Trump.

They must have crossed the same NY permits paths.

As mayor he must have discovered Trump’s little white lies/outright crimes.

Do tell, Bloomy - DO TELL!

by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote] I'm amazed that some of you think Druimpf is actually going to do any of the debates.

All the better. Let Bloomberg buy 90 minutes on the networks for himself or whichever candidate is the nominee, find three or four anchors to do the questioning, and leave an empty lectern for the Dotard, who is too cowardly to debate.

His straw-covered orange head would explode. 🍊 🎆

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote] I'm amazed that some of you think Druimpf is actually going to do any of the debates.

All the better. Let Bloomberg buy 90 minutes on the networks for himself or whichever candidate is the nominee, find three or four anchors to do the questioning, and leave an empty lectern for the Dotard, who is too cowardly to debate.

His straw-covered orange head would explode. 🍊 🎆

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2020 7:58 PM

I believe our DL astrologers have predicted that Trump would run into difficulties around February 13, which is just around the corner. I look forward to the astrologers being vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2020 8:58 PM

I fear having Pete as the nom whipping up homophobia to heights we haven't seen in a long time.

I'm not sold on Bloomberg or Biden, yet.

My vote is up for grabs. I do not like or trust Bernie but I will vote for him if he is the nom.

Of course, I would vote for anyone on the Dem side over anyone on the GOP side.

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2020 9:01 PM

R53, What Bloomberg should do is to buy ads for when they take commercial breaks during Trump's rallies.

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2020 9:06 PM

R49, Bloomberg attacking Trump would be a whole different ballgame than if, let's say Biden or Bernie did it. Bloomberg could really hit him where it hurts because he knows Trump on a personal level and, unlike Trump, Bloomberg is legit and has actual accomplishments due to hard work, not through lying, cheating and threatening people. I also think that by not rolling in the mud with Trump, Pete would be very effective at handling Trump's bullying by using his, wit, intelligence and sass. Bloomberg and Pete would make an awesome twosome. There's 2 ways to handle a bully like Trump, and I believe that Bloomberg and Pete would very well demolish him.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2020 9:17 PM

Would love to see Pete debate Pence. Tim Kaine was too soft and non-confrontational with Pence. Pete knows Pence well as the former Indiana Governor; and when Pence starts his religion shit, Pete will go in for the kills. They don't like each other.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2020 10:28 PM

'Mother' campaigns for Trump in New Hampshire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2020 10:34 PM

Reuters:

'OUT': Trump says he was right to remove 'insubordinate' NSC aide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2020 10:35 PM

Well my goodness, this is....concerning.

AP: Collins is getting death threats after impeachment acquittal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2020 10:38 PM

Washington Post:

‘Tempted to despair’: Trump’s resilience causes Democrats to sound the alarm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2020 10:41 PM

Kellyanne repeats nasty tweet toward Elizabeth Warren.

Whoever takes on Trump and his ilk, must stay on offense and covering them with flinged shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Lindsey 'sights' a purple dildo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2020 11:02 PM

Washington Post: Meet the 71-year-old staging a one-man protest in his Trump-loving retirement community

“If the rest of the country is as ugly as it is here,” Stanley said, “that’s terrifying.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2020 11:06 PM

r56, well, it worked for racism.

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2020 12:03 AM

Seth Meyers:

Trump’s Deranged Post-Impeachment Press Conference: A Closer Look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2020 12:34 AM

There's some interesting stuff on twitter about the secret service scam....

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2020 1:07 AM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2020 1:38 AM

R65 This is her favorite though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2020 1:47 AM

Bloomberg and Klobachur will probably team up. I wanted to vote for Biden but why work for a country that allows a bullshit investigation of you...when you are completely clean and a criminal is in the White House. Right now I am hating this inept government.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2020 2:14 AM

Bloomberg and Buttigieg will likely never happen.

Two WHITE men on a ticket in 2020?

Yeah, that ain't gonna fly.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2020 2:44 AM

Yes, r73, white men have it so hard. Look at 2016, when those black women Trump and Pence were elected

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2020 2:47 AM

Who’s putting Petey on the ticket? Please. Swingline Susie has a better chance at VP — and even that’s likely a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2020 4:13 AM

I wonder what Pence is thinking. It must have occurred to him by now that he's never going to be President. That he has enabled a monster. That the Republican Senators could have easily put him into power and let him clean up this mess... but chose not to.

I can't imagine that's not eating into him.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2020 4:59 AM

Seen in Houston:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote]Would love to see Pete debate Pence. Tim Kaine was too soft and non-confrontational with Pence.

I seem to recall it being the opposite: wasn't Tim Kaine thought to be overly confrontational with Pence during their debate? IIRC, many of the pundits said he went after him too hard on certain subjects, causing Pence to come out looking like he won (even though he didn't really say anything of substance on his own to truly warrant that conclusion).

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2020 5:12 AM

I wonder if Trump will dump Pence now that he is post Trial?

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2020 5:39 AM

Trump can't dump Pence, because Pence knows where the bodies are buried.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2020 6:21 AM

True, but Trump is stupid and he knows that Pence is even more stupid.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2020 6:33 AM

Anybody see Andrew Gillum on Bill Maher? He made a comment about Bloomberg I've been saying for weeks. Why doesn't he just take his billions and buy Fox News if he wants to defeat Trump?

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2020 6:34 AM

How come Elizabeth Warren never talks about her work at the CFPB? We see the efforts of her labor in our credit card statements every month. It’s right there in black and white.

She should be campaigning on her past and not so much on the hypothetical future.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2020 6:38 AM

R83, that‘s a very specific skill. That’s not going to help at all if you’re President, because it doesn’t pertain to the type of high pressure aggression or other conflicts Presidents face at all. It’s not helping you develop a skill of how to deal with difficult confrontational people that are unreasonable for example. Or emergencies that have to be decided on the spot.

A lot of Warren’s skills are academic, which are more suited to the Senate or a cabinet level post. The high pressure office of the President, particularly very split second decisions, may not be in her skill set. Her previous work involves thoughtful reflection, not dealing with totally irrational people, which seems to be what’s called for now.

Maybe the next president should be a nurse in a mental hospital, that skill set would actually be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2020 6:48 AM

'Mother' filing paperwork to place Trump on the Indiana ballot. It's theatrical, with great antcipation, when 'Mother' does those formal procedures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Yikes!! When I looked at the pic in R85, my first thought was, “who is that trans woman supporting tRump, and why?”

R82 — that’s a nice idea. I suspect that Bloomberg — who is a very smart man who surrounds himself with very smart people — probably already considered the possibility of buying Faux News, and yet, for some reason, hasn’t done it. Also, I’m not sure that at this point a giant media conglomerate could be bought and turned around in the next eight months. And that is if the Murdochs were even willing to sell. Finally, Bill Barr’s Justice Department would either never approve the sale or would tie it up in endless litigation.

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2020 11:06 AM

It has no value in Bloomberg's hands. Does the country need a third not Fox network? The value is it stokes the Trump underclass. Hell of a donation just to shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2020 11:35 AM

I doubt Murdoch would even consider selling Faux News. It's like a giant propaganda machine to get him exactly the results he and his 1% friends want and need to pay less taxes and to implement their conservative agenda. Maybe Bloomberg could try to take over, but I doubt Murdoch is stupid enough to let this happen and Bloomberg's pockets are probably not big enough.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Bloomberg seems to be buying his way into peoples' hearts. It appears that my theory that a bored billionaire was running just to personally troll Trump is partially correct, and I am enjoying Julie's tweets on his behalf. (Bloomberg staff member).

I admit I stopped paying attention to NYC politics closely when I moved away, during the last days of the reign of Giuliani- what did Bloomberg do for the city that's so impressive? From an outside perspective, it would seem he allowed the city to become a playland for the internationally wealthy & (often) complicit. I have a feeling I will end up having to choose between him and someone I am not fond of, because Warren isn't getting the nom. Thanks in advance- I trust the posters on these threads, because the trolls are not even clever anymore.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2020 1:23 PM

trolls never were clever, hence the name 'troll'

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2020 1:36 PM

People like in R66 and R77... I love them. People in red states and communities are speaking out, and they need more exposure.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2020 1:41 PM

Washington Post:

Trump’s new budget proposal expected to show how far he has moved away from some 2016 campaign promises

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2020 1:56 PM

I am not brave enough to use a bumper sticker.

I keep wondering why some real. Americans don't get together and raid Mara Lago and kill the motherfucker....he deserves to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Washington Post:

‘Not just chilling but frightening’: Inside Vindman’s ouster amid fears of further retaliation by Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2020 2:01 PM

NBC:

Romney, vilified in D.C. for vote to convict Trump, finds respect, support back home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2020 2:03 PM

Let’s see some more trashing of Plump from red states!

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2020 2:11 PM

NYT: Pelosi Clashes With Facebook and Twitter Over Video Posted by Trump

Facebook and Twitter have rejected a request by Speaker Nancy Pelosi to remove a video posted by President Trump that was edited to make it appear as though she were ripping a copy of his State of the Union address as he honored a Tuskegee airman and other guests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2020 2:11 PM

^

The decision highlighted the tension between critics who want social media platforms to crack down on the spread of misinformation and others who argue that political speech should be given wide latitude, even if it’s deceptive or false.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2020 2:12 PM

[quote]Trump can't dump Pence, because Pence knows where the bodies are buried.

So do Reince Priebus, Rex Tillerson, H.R. McMaster, John Kelly, Sean Spicer, Steve Bannon, Lt. Col. Vindman, Gordon Sondland and a host of others Trump has dumped.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Bill Maher came out for Pete on Fareed Zacharia’s Show this am. He also said he thinks Trump is the front runner right now bc the economy is good and people shrug off his bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote] Bloomberg seems to be buying his way into peoples' hearts. It appears that my theory that a bored billionaire was running just to personally troll Trump is partially correct, and I am enjoying Julie's tweets on his behalf. (Bloomberg staff member).

Wait, how is a three-year mayor of the largest city in the U.S. just a "bored billionaire" but a one term mayor of a small Midwestern town the future of the party? Buttegieg and Bloombergs are apples and apples.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2020 2:56 PM

[quote]Trump is the front runner right now bc the economy is good and he's a white guy, so people shrug off his bad behavior.

Fixed that for you, Bill.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2020 3:10 PM

NYT:

Republican Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Impeachment Witness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Has anyone told Sidekick Susie that she owns this?

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2020 3:21 PM

The Republicans are going to spend all their time on revenges against people who were mean to Dotard. Not on making life better for Americans, which is what they're hired to do.

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2020 3:28 PM

Butti needs more experience in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2020 3:31 PM

R100, Are people really shrugging off Trump's bad behavior? His base, definitely, but I truly think that the rest of us are tired of it, especially the way he treats the military men and women. And the nicknames aren't a novelty anymore. They're just asinine and come from the mind of a toddler. Little by little, the Republicans can't hide his crimes, his decaying brain and cruelty anymore. It gets worse everyday. People are longing for an adult to run things again.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2020 3:33 PM

Bloomberg runs his commercials all the time, in my state and we are no where near our primary. It's odd. At least he is somewhat pointing out that Trump is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote]Republican Senators Tried to Stop Trump From Firing Impeachment Witness

Too little, too late, motherfuckers. You made this golem; prepare to get covered in clay.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2020 3:39 PM

The Vindman brothers were BOTH prepared and got their personal stuff out of their offices these last couple of days. They even brought laptops and other devices to the WH with them and returned it on Friday so Trump probably couldn't embarrass them even further. Staff were told by the WH not to involve them in meetings etc. so they both knew what was coming. How sad is this? I so hope people refuse to work for this administration in the future and choose not to work for this asshole, but I doubt people in the military or career officials even have that choice. At least I hope young people or people who can choose between a government job or something in the private sector pick the private sector. Wouldn't it be great if people thought that working for this government or administration was toxic and bad for their reputation? How can people still choose to work for these corrupt individuals if they have a choice?

The article also mentioned that David Holmes and George Kent are still in office. I wonder when Trump comes for them. All the others have already stepped down or were fired.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2020 3:48 PM

I'm waiting for Pence to have a nervous breakdown. Confession is good for the soul, Mike.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2020 3:49 PM

Receipts!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2020 3:55 PM

Pence doesn't have enough of a conscience to have such a breakdown. He was caught using campaign funds for personal use (including golf fees!), which was not illegal at the time, only unethical, but a law has since been passed stopping such behavior. When he's confronted about it, he usually gets angry and shouts that he didn't do anything illegal!

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2020 4:01 PM

^ Yeah, I remember when he stayed at Trump's resort in Ireland to "research his family history" or some such bullshit

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2020 4:33 PM

Ve atends the Guvnars Ball tonite- an The Datalounges is envited. I'am prelubed for a good balling! So forget the Oscars an cum whatch me ball- 3 wholes /know wating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2020 4:47 PM

Pence is like any bullshitter hypocrites, he does not care about right and wrong. He is just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2020 5:07 PM

Biden and Bernie are too old. We are too divided on the women. More than half of America won't vote for Pete. I'll take Bloomberg. If he doesn't work out it is only for four years but he is a businessman and I think he will be able to undo everything Trump did. We don't know yet half of the damage Trump has done.

There isn't going to be a perfect candidate. Bloomberg has the money and the smarts to beat Trump and right now that's all we need.

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote]Biden and Bernie are too old.

[quote]I'll take Bloomberg

You know Bloomberg and Biden are the same age, right?

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2020 5:14 PM

^ I stopped caring about Pence a long time ago. Why do people still talk about him? Remember when he visited those people in cages at the border detention facilities and didn't care one bit about the situation and his office later praised the people who work there and thought the conditions were great. This VP is not worth wasting time thinking or caring about.

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2020 5:15 PM

No, I did not know they were the same age. Joe seems tired.

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2020 5:26 PM

r118 no, I didn't know they were but Biden is coming across and acting a lot older. I think one of the differences is that Bloomberg can afford to hire someone to decipher and give him the minimum info he needs to accomplish something so it isn't as taxing on him. Biden aged over the last 2 years and seems even older than Bernie but he isn't. Warren is the same age as the rest of them and yet she comes across as the youngest.

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2020 5:40 PM

Why are some of you spewing the right wing lie that there's a great economy? There's a great economy for the rich. The other 90%, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2020 6:00 PM

r122 it's the perception of a great economy because Trump keeps saying so

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2020 6:12 PM

The main reason we have to worry about Pence is that Trump could drop dead any minute. That would put Pence in prime position to win this fall (all the regular Repubs who didn't want to vote for Trump would happily vote for Pence). We don't want that. He could be just as damaging. Ugh, it makes me sick to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2020 6:28 PM

Pence has no fucking soul, heart, or conscience. He is stone cold uncaring and emotionless. Like most hypochristians, he and Mother turned to "the lord" because it makes them look like good people and covers up their true evil. Even in 2020, especially in states like Indiana, people still equate going to church and religious speech with automatically being a good and decent human being. In my experience, the more someone proclaims, "Look at me! I'm a Christian!" the worse kind of person they are. They have secrets, lots of secrets, usually the very things they declare as sins for the rest of us, so they can look down on us. It's just a way for them to feel superior. Pence is incapable of having a nervous breakdown. None of this is getting to him, even after Illegititrump fired his boytoy.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2020 6:49 PM

something must be getting ready to drop. Trump has been on a Twitter rant all day

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2020 7:09 PM

WSJ:

Trump to Propose $4.8 Trillion Budget With Big Safety-Net Cuts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2020 7:13 PM

Exactly R124! If anything, Pence would be even worse. I don't get it when people say, "I'd rather have Pence than Trump. He wouldn't be as bad." Bullshit baby!

When Pence was governor, one of his overhauls guided by his "christian values" was to move elderly and disabled Medicaid recipients into a newly created division, lessening their choices of insurance. An acquaintance of mine had coverage through MDWise, which took care of him and his many health issues, no questions asked, providing him with meds and other supplies easily. Once switched to Pence's elderly and disabled division, MDWise was no longer an option. The great state of Indiana now grills both him and his doctors about the necessity of each and every med and supply, asking if it's really needed and if there is a cheaper option. He must now talk to a "case manager" every month to verify his medical needs. Apparently, as rethuglicans, they have people (alleged "doctors") who do nothing all day but comb over medical records, looking for cuts to be made. This acquaintance nearly got his badly needed sleep apnea machine taken away because one of these "doctors" declared he wasn't using it enough. An investigation by his sleep specialist found this was not a doctor making these life threatening decisions at all, just some minimally educated flunky hired to save the rethuglican run state as much as possible. If people die because of it, so what? They're such a drain on us normal people anyway.

And for us gays, the big worry of a possible President Pence would be six words: conversion therapy made legal and required. Pence is even more of a nazi than Trump. Think back to his facial expression when he was reviewing the concentration camp- I mean "immigrant detention center".

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] No, I did not know they were the same age. Joe seems tired.

I knew, and I don’t care. And, yes, Joe seems so much older. At times he appears tired, cranky, cantankerous, and just a little bit out of it.

Bernie is just cranky and cantankerous.

Bloomberg doesn’t seem as old as those two. Though I agree, Warren comes off as the youngest of all four of them. But she’s also fading fast.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2020 7:24 PM

Reuters:

Exclusive: Trump proposes 21% cut in U.S. foreign aid in budget proposal - officials

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2020 7:32 PM

Washington Post:

Trump budget plan would fail to eliminate deficit over 10 years, briefing document shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2020 7:34 PM

Another new Bloomberg ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 9, 2020 7:34 PM

Amen r125. Deplorables can’t see right through that crap. It’s just another con for these evil con artist.

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2020 7:38 PM

R128 he would definitely not be worse than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2020 7:50 PM

Both of them are terrible choices however we cannot let this current resident of the WH stay. PERIOD.

Funny how the perception of the economy changed overnight once he was elected. Literally before he took office, the anger from the white working class disappeared and the economy was great. During his first ENTIRE year in office, the GOP famously did nothing;they passed nothing. During that year, he boasted about the economy and the media did not report anymore on how upset the white working class was.

Then he passed huge tax cuts for the rich which goosed the economy a bit while dramatically increasing our deficit during good economic times. That is fiscally insane. Of course, crickets from the right and the media.

by Anonymousreply 135February 9, 2020 8:07 PM

I don't believe Bloomberg is a sociopath...there is that.

by Anonymousreply 136February 9, 2020 9:01 PM

USA Today:

Sacred Native American site in Arizona blasted for border wall construction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2020 9:04 PM

R117 for the win!

Just beat the motherfucker already!

by Anonymousreply 138February 9, 2020 9:06 PM

It is obvious that Bloomberg has a significant number of shills/trolls on his payroll.

Bloomie Bros?

by Anonymousreply 139February 9, 2020 9:08 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry, not R117. The fat fuck, sociopath, Orangina.

R138

by Anonymousreply 140February 9, 2020 9:08 PM

R132, I must admit that's a really good ad. Exactly the kind of ad that I've been waiting to see, over and over and over again. The next should be all of Trump's promises that he didn't keep, after that, all of Trump's lies, after that, Trump's derogatory comments made about our military leaders, then, Trump slurring his words. Gosh. These kinds of ads could go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 141February 9, 2020 9:24 PM

R141 I wholeheartedly agree. Bloomberg has hated Trump for years. He’s not afraid to get down in the sewer with Trump, and I think these ads and that attitude is going to be what resonates in the end. And yes, the messaging in these ads are perfection. My money is on him to become the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 142February 9, 2020 9:35 PM

This needs to be everything the 2020 Democratic candidates - for President, House, and Senate - talk about. Non-stop.

[quote] Just two days after vowing the White House “will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare” in its budget proposal for fiscal year 2021, President Donald Trump on Monday is expected to unveil a $4.8 trillion blueprint that includes hundreds of billions in combined cuts to those programs over the next decade, deep reductions in safety-net spending, and a major increase in Pentagon funding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2020 12:34 PM

I will have a non-binary eight year old okay any social security changes in my administration!

by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote]This needs to be everything the 2020 Democratic candidates - for President, House, and Senate - talk about. Non-stop.

James Carville: For fuck’s sake, we’ve got Trump at Davos talking about cutting Medicare and no one in the party has the sense to plaster a picture of him up there sucking up to the global elites, talking about cutting taxes for them while he’s talking about cutting Medicare back home. Jesus, this is so obvious and so easy and I don’t see any of the candidates taking advantage of it.

The Republicans have destroyed their party and turned it into a personality cult, but if anyone thinks they can’t win, they’re out of their damn minds.

by Anonymousreply 145February 10, 2020 12:46 PM

USA Today:

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin responds to Trump calling him 'weak & corrupt' over impeachment vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 10, 2020 1:02 PM

CNN:

Chuck Schumer calls on Defense Acting Inspector General to investigate witness retaliation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2020 1:10 PM

More of the kompromat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 10, 2020 1:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 10, 2020 1:28 PM

And yet, R145, we have Democratic Presidential candidates like Elizabeth and Bernie, focused on whether Pete is in the pocket of billionaires and his problem with people of color. THAT'S their big issue? Not what Trump is doing behind our backs and everything he's destroying, but it's who is donating to Pete. It's so frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 150February 10, 2020 1:49 PM

Millionaires contributing to Pete, or any other candidate, are limited to the same maximum amount per individual contributions.

It is the PACs where obscene, and largely unaccountable, contributions have damaged the system.. The U.S. Supreme Court in their Citizens United ruling, greenlighted this darker money.

Most of the other candidates attacking Pete, have PACs behind them. Candidates can technically disavow their own PACs when dirty tactics are exposed.

by Anonymousreply 151February 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Unless the millionaire is a convicted felon or stands for a criminal agenda, why turn down the contribution? Because one is a successful businessman or is a nest egg retiree, doesn't mean he is trying to do a bribe. Everyone who contributes has some kind of 'interest' in one or more causes.

It's better than robbing politicaly naive college students of their pizza money with unrealistic promises such a free tuition for all, Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 152February 10, 2020 2:29 PM

Whether Trump is aware of it or not (he'd do anything for money) he will not be the Republican candidate in November. The Russiapublicans are going to trojan horse Pence into the top spot (the only way he'd ever get there) before then. They have a 20-yr. plan of Pence/Pompeo.

Trump will either: 1) "die" (disappear with his billion dollar pay-off); 2) be murdered, ala JFK; or 3) resign with his billion dollar pay-off.

by Anonymousreply 153February 10, 2020 3:08 PM

Where are you getting that theory, R153?

by Anonymousreply 154February 10, 2020 5:06 PM

R153, you’re completely pulling that out of your ass? Why wouldn’t they have just removed him during his Senate trial and get Pence in their then?

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2020 5:09 PM

[quote] And yet, [R145], we have Democratic Presidential candidates like Elizabeth and Bernie, focused on whether Pete is in the pocket of billionaires and his problem with people of color. THAT'S their big issue? Not what Trump is doing behind our backs and everything he's destroying, but it's who is donating to Pete. It's so frustrating.

The job of the candidates is to articulate their vision of leadership and demonstrate their fitness for the position. It is the job of the rest of us -- the Resistance -- to call Trump out. Continue to resist.

Everyone needs to prepare to unite behind the Democratic nominee, whoever s/he is.

by Anonymousreply 156February 10, 2020 5:51 PM

It's me! Unite behind meeee!!!

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2020 5:59 PM

WTF is wrong with these right wing fucktards?

[quote]CPAC chairman says he would fear for Mitt Romney’s ‘physical safety’ at conference

[quote] Matt Schlapp, chairman of the Conservative Political Action Conference, made the controversial comments Sunday as he explained why Romney would be excluded from this year’s four-day event. Schlapp announced last month via tweet that the senator was “formally NOT invited,” as Romney took heat for breaking from staunch Republican support of the president to call for witnesses in Trump’s impeachment trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2020 7:28 PM

The Hill:

Democrats pan Trump's budget proposal as 'dead on arrival'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Politico:

Kellyanne Conway says more officials may be ousted after Trump's Senate acquittal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2020 9:13 PM

I am looking forward to the AARP's reaction to Trump's proposal to cut social security.

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2020 10:26 PM

I disagree R156. The petty sniping about campaign contributions and who is the next Obama is turning me off. They should stick to the issues and be constantly going after Trump, not each other. I'm impressed that, so far, Pete hasn't sunk to their level, but I imagine that the lies they are saying about him may be a breaking point. He has shown remarkable restraint and maturity. I haven't heard anyone going after Bernie or Biden's health, or their age. I'd much rather have someone too young than way too old as President. Neither one can be considered in good health, but it's Pete having a fundraiser in a wine cellar that troubles them. It's just nonsense. I'm starting to lean toward Bloomberg who has the right idea. He's not mixed up in all of that and is the only one reminding everyone of how destructive and corrupt Trump is. They ALL should be harping on that. NOT harping on where Pete's money is coming from. They are an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2020 10:26 PM

R161...Does it matter ? Trump considers himself invincible...and he may well be. The GOP are pretty damn confident as well. That tells me that the election is already rigged and they plan a complete GOP takeover of both houses and the WH. It would explain Pence's comment yesterday that Pelosi will be the last House Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 163February 10, 2020 10:31 PM

Remember...just last week Putin did something similar...dissolved his parliament (congress) and declared himself Supreme Leader. SERIOUSLY.

by Anonymousreply 164February 10, 2020 10:34 PM

Under no circumstances is Trump going to ever flee the country. That's just not who he is. As for killing him, there's no point, because he is disintegrating naturally. And Trump would only resign voluntarily if he believed he was about to be humiliated - and since the impeachment victory, he thinks he is invincible.

As for Pence, I don't think republican donor class has any particular faith in him. There are plenty of pro-business Republicans, so they don't need him, and in 2024, there is no way that Pence could win over the independents. Pence is basically useless to them after the 2020 election. Heck, he may be useless to them now.

by Anonymousreply 165February 10, 2020 10:36 PM

Making A Historical Parallel To Trump’s Impeachment Revenge Tour | Deadline | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 10, 2020 10:39 PM

AP:

Feds seek 7 to 9 years in prison for Trump ally Roger Stone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 10, 2020 10:40 PM

AP:

Trump looks to 'shake up the Dems' with New Hampshire rally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 10, 2020 10:43 PM

Pete really pissed me off when he said he was bored during impeachment and said he wanted to turn on cartoons. That was disqualifying for me. It was such an asinine thing to say and completely unnecessary. This was such a serious event and for him to make light of it by trying to score political points is too much. I'm glad Amy is calling him out.

All that being said, I will vote for him if he is the nominee enthusiastically.

by Anonymousreply 169February 10, 2020 10:48 PM

The process has damaged them all. Too long, too drawn out... it hasn't helped. The media fucks it with the horse race mentality. Horse races run a couple of minutes. The nominating process should run no more than six months.

by Anonymousreply 170February 10, 2020 10:50 PM

That's not even what he said, Amy.

by Anonymousreply 171February 10, 2020 10:50 PM

R171 I saw him say something similar in real time. What he said was very disheartening.

The media, the process and social media has hurt this process. People get too invested in their candidate they flip out and hate any other candidate who is doing better or competing against their preferred candidate.

I am keeping an open mind to them all. I feel there are forces trying to make us think we have a bad slate of candidates. The process doesn't help and the fact none have emerged as a front runner yet makes us all feel like they must be inferior. The GOP contest last time had huge swings and about 10 different front runner until you know who was left standing.

by Anonymousreply 172February 10, 2020 10:57 PM

I want to know why, if Bloomberg is inevitable, why we had to endure this theater for the past 2 years. I can't take it anymore. We need reform, 6 months and that's IT.

by Anonymousreply 173February 10, 2020 11:03 PM

Turtle writes an Op-Ed:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 10, 2020 11:50 PM

Turtle can eat shit and die.

He's a liar and a traitor and he is OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 175February 10, 2020 11:52 PM

I've heard from a very reliable source that at Trump's rally tonight there are many more people from out of state than from NH.

by Anonymousreply 176February 10, 2020 11:54 PM

WHET Elizabeth Warren?

by Anonymousreply 177February 10, 2020 11:57 PM

She's doing well in NH, R177, the media is just too obsessed with the 3 Bros.

by Anonymousreply 178February 11, 2020 12:17 AM

R176, are they busing in Trump’s black guy ?

by Anonymousreply 179February 11, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote]And yet, [R145], we have Democratic Presidential candidates like Elizabeth and Bernie, focused on whether Pete is in the pocket of billionaires and his problem with people of color. THAT'S their big issue? Not what Trump is doing behind our backs and everything he's destroying, but it's who is donating to Pete. It's so frustrating.

Stop with this idiotic crap. Do you understand what a primary is? Do you want them to all stand there and agree on everything and then, what? Hope people can figure out who to vote for to be the nominee by osmosis or mind-reading? This isn't the general election. This has to be done first unless you want Trump running against a five person Democratic field. The Pete Fans are really easy to pick out...they are as politically inept as Pete is inexperienced.

by Anonymousreply 180February 11, 2020 12:42 AM

The site is getting so infantile about Pete. It's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 181February 11, 2020 12:45 AM

Iowas had 41 pledged delegates. What a fucking mouse fart for Pete to get 14, Bernie to get 11 and Amy to boast ONE.

All the bullshit for 41 pledged delegates and now New Hampshire, a state WHITER than Iowa and they are fighting over....

wait...

wait...

wait...

wait ..

24 pledged delegates. WOO-HOOO!!!

These first two contests have proven to be worthless.

Get to NV, get to SC,

and for the love of all that is holy, let us get to Super Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 182February 11, 2020 12:48 AM

The Examiner: Trump praises 'powerful' death penalty for drug dealers in China

“Criminal in China for drugs, by the way, means that’s serious. They’re getting a maximum penalty,” Trump said on Monday. “And you know what the maximum penalty is in China for that. And it goes very quickly."

The president also said on Monday that states with severe penalties on drug offenses had "very little drug problems," but also noted, "I don’t know that our country is ready" for the death penalty for convicted drug dealers who face steep fines and lengthy prison sentences.

"But if you look throughout the world, the countries with a powerful death penalty … with a fair but quick trial, they have very little, if any, drug problem. That includes China," he said.

The comments are reminiscent of Trump's past recollections of his conversations with Xi.

"You have 1.4 billion people. What do you mean you have no drug problem?" Trump said he asked of the foreign leader in remarks last year. “No, we don’t have a drug problem ... Death penalty. We give death penalty to people that sell drugs. End of problem." Trump then mocked the U.S.'s approach to drugs, saying, "What do we do? We set up blue-ribbon committees."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183February 11, 2020 12:51 AM

What the fuck is going to happen when Pete has won Iowa, Bernie wins NH, Biden wins SC, and Bloomberg wins a bunch on Super Tuesday? (Love that it's all white males, btw, because nothing screams Democratic base like white males. This fucking racist, sexist country is a true piece of shit.)

by Anonymousreply 184February 11, 2020 12:51 AM

R184 Stop with the trollish race baiting. SC is majority BLACK voters for the Dem primary. How the fuck is their pick racist? Black voters are pragmatic and will vote for who they think can win. Period. The candidates of color did not have what it took in their eyes, obviously. These are your elite or the elite of the elite who make it to this level-with a population of only 12% total this country did well having not only a black candidate but a black president.

The Dems will nominate the best candidate for the party regardless of labels.

by Anonymousreply 185February 11, 2020 1:00 AM

R184, have you not been paying attention? We are headed to a negotiated convention in Milwaukee.

Bernie worked real hard to make sure the DNC ate his shit when it came to the rules for the 2020 campaigns. Bernie was expecting a two-horse race like 2016. But he was WRONG.

So he negotiated that the super delegates would not vote until the second vote IF THERE WAS NO 51% WINNER ON THE FIRST VOTE.

Little did he realize that so many good Dems would run and so many would pick up delegates. THAT is the significance of AMY's ONE Iowa delegate. After Super Tuesday, instead of running for President, the lesser candidates will be campaigning on "having your voices heard in Milwaukee". Nobody is going to get 51% on the first vote. The Super Delegates will again make their decision on the second ballot. And, sorry AOC, it won't be Bernie.

QED

by Anonymousreply 186February 11, 2020 1:00 AM

Look. For me, it's real simple. Right now, Trump and the Republican PArty have amassed a huge war chest. Possibly 2-3 Billion. It's in various pots, and Super Pacs, and there's a shit ton of dark money in that pile, but it is all going to be used to crush the Democrats...and any Republicans Trump doesn't like. They'll use it not only to buy ads and set up social media accounts,but they have very sophisticated tech operations in place, and they also have paid "campaign workers" who will make life pure hell for their perceived enemies. This army of disruptors was in action, in just a very modest way in Iowa, jamming phone lines. So we need money to beat him. Lots of it. And if BLoomberg has it and wants to spend it building an organization than God Bless him, and I'm on board. Because he has been a stand up guy in the past few years, I believe he will come through even if he doesn't get the nomination, but IMO BErnie is full of shit, and never more so than when he attacks Pete for his "billionaires" and other big money donors.

by Anonymousreply 187February 11, 2020 1:01 AM

THis is slightly off topic, but Chris Hayes' format changed and I tried to watch him and I could NOT. He's unwatchable. He was standing there in front of a studio audience preaching, like some college l professor telling them shit we already know. And his voice is SO annoying. He looks slightly nuts. WTF happened?

by Anonymousreply 188February 11, 2020 1:19 AM

They are all stuck in New Hampshire, and need to mix it up somehow.

by Anonymousreply 189February 11, 2020 1:25 AM

R188 I think that’s just his once in a while format because of the primaries. He’ll be back at the desk by tomorrow/Wed I suspect.

Did anyone notice in r167 s roger stone post that he has trumps identical orange face paint on, but only on the bottom 1/2 of his face? WEIRD!

by Anonymousreply 190February 11, 2020 1:28 AM

Peter Thiel has backed an app that could bring facial recognition to the masses. This app has scraped years worth of every single public photo from Facebook to linked in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 11, 2020 1:29 AM

Working on getting behind this paywall for some excerpts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 11, 2020 1:30 AM

Until recently, Hoan Ton-That’s greatest hits included an obscure iPhone game and an app that let people put Donald Trump’s distinctive yellow hair on their own photos.

Then Mr. Ton-That — an Australian techie and onetime model — did something momentous: He invented a tool that could end your ability to walk down the street anonymously, and provided it to hundreds of law enforcement agencies, ranging from local cops in Florida to the F.B.I. and the Department of Homeland Security.

His tiny company, Clearview AI, devised a groundbreaking facial recognition app. You take a picture of a person, upload it and get to see public photos of that person, along with links to where those photos appeared. The system — whose backbone is a database of more than three billion images that Clearview claims to have scraped from Facebook, YouTube, Venmo and millions of other websites — goes far beyond anything ever constructed by the United States government or Silicon Valley giants.

Federal and state law enforcement officers said that while they had only limited knowledge of how Clearview works and who is behind it, they had used its app to help solve shoplifting, identity theft, credit card fraud, murder and child sexual exploitat

by Anonymousreply 193February 11, 2020 1:30 AM

Around half a dozen big tech companies have now demanded that Clearview AI, the now-notorious facial recognition company that has scraped more than 3 billion images of people from millions of websites, stop using their data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 11, 2020 1:32 AM

Can you imagine these people blackmailing everyone with sketchy photos?

by Anonymousreply 195February 11, 2020 1:32 AM

Thiel and his evil cabal will probably use this to harass protesters and dissenters.

I knew Silicon Valley would do us all in.

by Anonymousreply 196February 11, 2020 1:34 AM

Why is Devin Nunes skulking around in South Bend, Indiana?

by Anonymousreply 197February 11, 2020 1:39 AM

Why does McTurtle bother? Nobody believes he has the slightest moral authority, including Republicans. Everyone knows he's just another whore servicing the rich and powerful. Why pretend to put some principled face on it? Nobody buying that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 198February 11, 2020 2:01 AM

sorry, for some reason the last post that came up for me was r174. Obviously there's been a lot since then.

by Anonymousreply 199February 11, 2020 2:04 AM

I really get sick of the rich and business bitching about taxes and regulation. Voters need to get wise to this. Of course, they are going to complain and try to stack the deck as much as we let them. They need a strong govt to push back like it use to under liberal policies. This creates a strong middle class and more benefits for us all. I am a tad shocked the rich let it get so out of hand. They have to see this is really bad for everybody, the planet and democracy.

by Anonymousreply 200February 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Seth Meyers: Trump Retaliates Against Impeachment Witnesses as Rudy Digs Up Dirt in Ukraine: A Closer Look

I had no idea Pirro was this insane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 11, 2020 2:33 AM

R40, I feel like if he were truly a benevolent billionaire he would not run and focus his efforts on those ads against Trump as well as doing whatever he could do make sure McConnel is defeated. Those are the things we need because no matter who is elected if the senate doesn't flip we're stuck with him and McConnell has got to go. Use the unlimited warchest to buy up billboards and airspace in McConnell's district to support his opponent and oppo research him out of office.

What I see here is a guy with lots of money letting his ego get in the way because an asshole who has made a key demo believe he has lots of money became president.

Whether he is benevolent or not it sets a bad precedent, these guys buying into the race. Like Trump, he won't be beholden to anyone if he's in office. It's how he's running his campaign and while we hope he won't turn against the people who voted for him if he were elected there is no way to know.

by Anonymousreply 202February 11, 2020 2:43 AM

R201 I do not understand how anybody looks at MSNBC and FUX and sees equivalency for their respective sides. The Right has far more and is far more extreme in every way. For anybody to say the Dems are anywhere near that level of crazy is unbelievable. Our most extreme wants to give everybody free health care for fucks sake! Pirro the screaming nut-cunt is a perfect example.

by Anonymousreply 203February 11, 2020 2:45 AM

Things to never take seriously: The Republican commitment to ending the deficit. The NEED for tax cuts for the rich. The idea that a Businessman Knows What He's Doing and that's what we need in Washington.

I do get it might just have to be Bloomberg in the end, out of the realization that the Republic is really an Oligarchy, and we may as well pick the better oligarch. But if we do, I hope we don't go in with a lot of illusions about what that means.

by Anonymousreply 204February 11, 2020 3:07 AM

We need assurances from Mike that he will be a true Dem, which I believe he is, and not bend over backwards to bring unity by hiring Republicans in his admin and so forth. He is a fighter and wants to tax the rich by at least $5 trillion to give back to us.

by Anonymousreply 205February 11, 2020 3:10 AM

R205, what assurance could he give? Isn't he also registered as an Independent? I mean if he wanted to give assurances, he would participate in the process properly instead of buying his way around it. Start as you mean to go as the saying goes. He started by deviding he can't be bothered and it's the money that allows that. The entirety of this current administration needs to go, but we shouldn't let fear make us run into the arms of the next billionaire.

Imagine what he and Steyer could do if they dedicated themselves to flipping the Senate blue, especially, again McConnell's district or Cornyn in Texas who I think is up for reelection as well. Perhaps Bloomberg not making that investment instead tell us what we need to know. He's not interested in flipping the Senate which would have benefit beyond the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 206February 11, 2020 3:36 AM

R206 That is what I want to see. He was a Democrat his entire life except to run as a Repug to win the NYC election. He did go in hard as a Repug for a few years (he obviously wanted to run for Prez but Obama happened) then went Indy in 2006. He has been a Democrat again for many years now.

He will have to convince me and others.

by Anonymousreply 207February 11, 2020 3:49 AM

After the next Dem gets in, they must create a blue ribbon commission, like the Warren Commission that investigated the Kennedy assassination, to investigate how Trump managed to become President; and how we were unable to get rid of him. We should have at least as many hearings as Benghazi hearings. But I am absolutely serious about the need to do this. Changes would be:

Requiring public release of ten years of tax returns from candidates

Requiring public release of three years of medical records from candidates

Then more changes to get a corrupt jackass out.

If we need a constitutional amendment, that’s fine, start the process.

by Anonymousreply 208February 11, 2020 3:59 AM

^ oh yes, also requiring prosecution of felonies while he’s in office.

by Anonymousreply 209February 11, 2020 4:01 AM

We need to get money out of politics. When that happens, so much of this shit will be fixed. We cannot give these oligarchs that much power because it will end bad for us all and the party who gave us the oligarchs is the party our current WH resident belongs to.

by Anonymousreply 210February 11, 2020 4:05 AM

^ we also have to prohibit immediate family from paid or unpaid positions.

Also block private citizens from conducting foreign policy without approval of the senate majority and minority leaders. Something like this. It is not the first time that this has been done, but Giuliani has taken to a whole new level.

Prohibit the President from granting security clearances to people who have been denied through the normal process.

Require the President to have another person with him when meeting with the Russian leader. Take that, Putin.

Prohibit retaliation by the President against whistleblowers or people doing their jobs, etc.

We could call them the Trump statutes and the Trump amendments, so it forever identifIes him as a threat to our national security.

by Anonymousreply 211February 11, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote] We need to get money out of politics. When that happens, so much of this shit will be fixed.

And how, exactly is that going to “happen.” Because if tRump retains the office that he stole, then the hope of getting money out of politics will become a more distant goal with each passing year. They’re going to fix and steal more and more elections.

by Anonymousreply 212February 11, 2020 4:27 AM

This is going to happen by beating Trump in November and then:

reimplementing the Watergate campaign finance laws that expired in the last few years.

Constitutional amendment to outlaw citizens United related corporate contributions

Other laws, regulations, and constitutional changes as prudent

by Anonymousreply 213February 11, 2020 4:30 AM

Part of what you are talking about Pierre is Congress needs to stop acting like it's been acting for decades: as a dutiful little lapdogs waiting for the President to tell them what to do, and then deciding whether to say yes or no to their orders. This actually predates Trump by nearly a century, so it won't be easy. Congress is going to have to go back to being the First Branch of government, instead of the dutiful second, and it is going to be a massive cultural change.

by Anonymousreply 214February 11, 2020 4:32 AM

We also need to instate age/ term limits, so we don't have decrepit old farts doing damage for decades like Moscow McTurtle.

by Anonymousreply 215February 11, 2020 6:16 AM

R215, you want to get rid of Pelosi, too? Maybe an old white man age/term limit. At this point, I'd be good with kicking all white males out of politics for a couple generations while we fix this shit.

by Anonymousreply 216February 11, 2020 6:28 AM

Not "get rid of" her. I love Nancy, but there comes an age for both women and men- especially when they are in a position of power- when they should step down and enjoy their life. But yes, when I typed R215, I was thinking only of the smug pieces of old dried up shit like McTurtle. Nancy is such a powerhouse and she's so far on the other end of the spectrum, I often forget she's in the same age range.

by Anonymousreply 217February 11, 2020 7:11 AM

r208-9 How about Any person who is a CANDIDATE for FEDERAL office automatically revokes all Non Disclosure Agreements. No President, Senator or House-member can hide unlitigated or illegal behavior from the public view especially when a financial settlement is reached.

NoMoHush$.

by Anonymousreply 218February 11, 2020 8:42 AM

r215, That Styer commercial appeals to the truly stupid because it makes a Tea Party argument that requires a fucking Constitutional amendment. And we know how easy they are to pass.

by Anonymousreply 219February 11, 2020 8:44 AM

New Q poll has Bloomberg in the top spot of beating Trump. Followed by Bernie, Biden, Amy, Liz and Pete....

Bloomberg hasn't even started campaigning yet. This is all commercials and online ads at work!

by Anonymousreply 220February 11, 2020 11:25 AM

As a NYer, I’ll say Blooomberg is not exactly dynamic in his public appearances, so the ads are his best bet. BUT, he’s smart as hell and somehow manages to deliver his message clearly and cleanly without all the usual histrionics. I’d vote for him in a second.

by Anonymousreply 221February 11, 2020 11:31 AM

What’s the status of Moscow Mitch's race? Is Amy McGrath definitely his opponent? And if she is, is it legal for people outside of KY to donate to her?

by Anonymousreply 222February 11, 2020 11:36 AM

Bloomberg won both the Democratic AND Republican nominations in Dixville Notch, NH!

by Anonymousreply 223February 11, 2020 11:39 AM

Bloomberg is polling at 22% among blacks. That's pretty amazing. He could take this thing once Biden craters.

As for Bloomberg, he is on the right side of a lot of issues, gun control, reproductive rights, climate change. He is a democrat and a moderate liberal. He has a war chest second to none. He could win. I don't give a shit if he is a billionaire. He earned it and is spending it on beating Trump. He also managed the biggest city in the US. It's like running the state of VA. He is totally qualified.

by Anonymousreply 224February 11, 2020 11:51 AM

At a rally in New Hampshire last night, Trump pushed an(other) unfounded conspiracy theory about his 2016 NH loss to Hillary:

"We should have won the election, but they had buses being being shipped up from Massachusetts. Hundreds and hundreds of buses."

by Anonymousreply 225February 11, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote] R215: We also need to instate age/ term limits, so we don't have decrepit old farts doing damage for decades like Moscow McTurtle.

I am not a term limit proponent because I think our reps should be more experienced than the lobbyists. I do feel the majority leader has too much power as he, alone, decides what bills are brought before the Senate. One man from Kentucky! Screw that!

by Anonymousreply 226February 11, 2020 1:48 PM

R225, build a wall!

by Anonymousreply 227February 11, 2020 1:48 PM

Washington Post:

Trump promotes Larry David’s MAGA hat spoof. Did he get the joke?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 11, 2020 1:52 PM

The Guardian:

Trump denounces Roger Stone sentencing as 'miscarriage of justice'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 11, 2020 1:54 PM

The Hill:

Mick Mulvaney's job security looks strong following impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 11, 2020 1:57 PM

I didn't see this here but did you know that Trump has decided he wants his stamp on every new gov't. building that is built? we aren't getting half the news because the stations are so busy all trying to cover the same thing to get ratings. They are becoming as bad as Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 11, 2020 2:01 PM

^Name sewage processing plants after Trump.

by Anonymousreply 232February 11, 2020 2:31 PM

Chris Hayes: Trump Is Weak, And Beatable | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 11, 2020 3:38 PM

What a surprise: After Trump blasted the 7-9 year prison sentence recommended for Roger Stone by prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington, federal prosecutors are now recommending a lower sentence.

CNBC: "It is highly unusual for the DOJ to reverse a sentencing recommendation after it has been made by prosecutors in a U.S. Attorney’s office that has prosecuted a defendant."

by Anonymousreply 234February 11, 2020 4:27 PM

^ Brutal. He's unleashed. They unleashed him. And what is there to do?

by Anonymousreply 235February 11, 2020 4:42 PM

^Judge still decides. I hope he gives him 15 years to teach them a lesson. Every time he tries to interfere illegally = higher sentence.

by Anonymousreply 236February 11, 2020 4:52 PM

Is this tough Judge Amy what's her name?

by Anonymousreply 237February 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Yes, Judge Amy Bergman Jackson. She’s tough. She doesn’t care what tRump wants.

by Anonymousreply 238February 11, 2020 4:56 PM

Berman Jackson. Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 239February 11, 2020 4:57 PM

OK, here is hoping. At least it isn't one of McConnell's plants.

by Anonymousreply 240February 11, 2020 4:58 PM

NBC's Heidi Przbyla is keeping a running list of Trump's abuses of power since his Abuse of Power case was dismissed by the Republican Senate:

1. Targets Pelosi, Romney, McCaskill, others in East Room.

2. Praises as "warriors" lawmakers who fanned Russia propaganda.

3. Sensitive fin info on Hunter Biden given to GOP

4. Vindman escorted out of White House

5. NY Global Entry suspended.

6. Firing Gordon Sondland hours later.

7. Justice Dept. moves to reduce longtime Trump associate Roger Stone sentencing rec. hours after Trump complains on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 241February 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Isn't Jackson the one who keeps slapping his hand instead of tossing him to rot when he was threatening her?

Yeah, she's not going to do anything but the minimum

by Anonymousreply 242February 11, 2020 5:26 PM

AP:

AP source: Feds back away from Stone sentencing proposal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 11, 2020 5:30 PM

[quote]Breaking via WSJ: The Justice Department is in the late stages of deciding whether to charge Trump ally Erik Prince in an investigation into whether he lied to Congress in its Russia probe and violated U.S. export laws in his business dealings overseas.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess the decision will be no charges.

by Anonymousreply 244February 11, 2020 5:37 PM

Creepy banana republic stuff, R243.

by Anonymousreply 245February 11, 2020 5:38 PM

I don’t understand why General Kelly hasn’t been sentenced yet. Was the Judge waiting for trump to be convicted and ousted, so he couldn’t pardon Kelly? There much more here than I’ve seen in the news.

by Anonymousreply 246February 11, 2020 5:45 PM

Former SDNY prosecutor Mimi Rocha:

[quote]Former DOJ people are absolutely freaking out today between the Giuliani red carpet treatment at DOJ & now changing a sentence recommendation for Stone. And i have to no say I’m deeply concerned about SDNY.

by Anonymousreply 247February 11, 2020 6:04 PM

Emails prove white house lied....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 11, 2020 6:15 PM

R247 yeah this is all very worrying. It's clear Barr is involving his fat fingers in EVERYTHING. Most corrupt AG of all time. Even racist "good ol' boy" Sessions had some sort of respect for the system. Barr is trampling over it, drunk on power just like McConnell in the Senate.

No way in hell are the weird events in the Flynn and Stone cases coincidental

I think we'll have to rely on state AG to investigate from now on. The NY AG lady is our biggest hope though maybe the AG in Maryland and Virginia could start something too.

by Anonymousreply 249February 11, 2020 6:33 PM

NOT funny because it could come true....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250February 11, 2020 6:35 PM

R250 I have no doubt Don Jr and Ivanka will try their hand at running for President so they can protect their family and friends from going to jail

by Anonymousreply 251February 11, 2020 6:38 PM

R224 - I'm pretty much coming around to the same line of thinking. The best and most wonderful aspect of Bloomberg as nominee is that he has a take no prisoners attitude re Trump, and will absolutely, gleefully humiliate and shred Trump every which way. And Trump fucking knows it.

by Anonymousreply 252February 11, 2020 6:42 PM

House Democrats should not back down.

Barr has done immense damage in DoJ. He's there to keep Republican crooks out of trouble. He has a long history of it.

Start subpoenaing Barr, Rosenstein, and every upper tier figure in that nest of crime enabling scoundrels. They won't cooperate, but keep filing the subpoenas. Subpoena documents as well. Impeach Barr if he refuses to fully and timely cooperate. McConnnell and company won't remove Barr, but make the Senate deal with it. Put impeahment on Barr's record. DEMAND AN INDEPENDENT PROSECUTOR TO INVESTIGATE BARR. No frog-hog gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 253February 11, 2020 6:54 PM

R225 False and he knows it. Buses of people to his rally last night, true.

by Anonymousreply 254February 11, 2020 7:16 PM

At his campaign rally, idiot Dump appears not to know the difference between Concord NH and Concord MA. Also he pronounced it wrong.

"That's the same Concord that we read about all the time" No it isn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 11, 2020 7:18 PM

we officially have a deep state now. It's run by Barr

by Anonymousreply 256February 11, 2020 7:39 PM

Are fucking kidding me with this Roger Stone business?!?!

by Anonymousreply 257February 11, 2020 7:49 PM

I worked as a lawyer at DOJ for over 25 years as a political appointee and then as a career federal prosecutor. It is incredibly abhorrent for the pResident to direct a lower sentencing recommendation for a political crony, and for the leadership of the Department to go along with it and then revise the original recommendation downward. For decades there has existed an iron wall between the WH and DOJ on matters such as this. Attorneys General have issued and reissued strict guidelines on who at the Department may even speak to WH personnel, and what limited topics may be discussed. That this has been breached is very wrong and exceptionally troubling for the implications it has.

by Anonymousreply 258February 11, 2020 8:08 PM

Well, Aaron Zelensky just quit as prosecutor for Stone...and quit the DOJ....he was one of Muellers top prosecutors....someones not happy with the way things are going at DOJ

by Anonymousreply 259February 11, 2020 8:10 PM

Well, r258, if you still have any contacts, encourage them to spill their guts to Pelosi and/or Schiff.

It pretty clear that the House is the ONLY branch of government working for separation of powers and for the good of the nation.

Now is the time for all good people to come to the the aid of their country.

by Anonymousreply 260February 11, 2020 8:12 PM

This lower sentence is a way for Trump to give Stone a break without the bad optics of actually pardoning him right now. Of course, if Trump gets re-elected, Stone will certainly get a full pardon. I suspect that's the deal between Stone, Trump, and Barr.

I'd love to smack every idiot pundit who said they knew Barr and he was a traditionalist, and then turned around later that said they couldn't believe what Barr was doing. These morons clearly didn't know him at all despite their initial statements saying they did. This is what happens when a too-cozy Beltway society demonstrates its cluelessness.

by Anonymousreply 261February 11, 2020 8:34 PM

David Pakman:

Trump Reveals Attraction to Daughter While Lying Uncontrollably

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262February 11, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote] if you still have any contacts, encourage them to spill their guts to Pelosi and/or Schiff.

I wish I did. Unfortunately, I don’t. We can’t get rid of these criminals fast enough. This is outright lawlessness.

by Anonymousreply 263February 11, 2020 8:56 PM

Trump has been publicly throwing out broad hints that he has an incestuous relationship with Ivanka since she was a little girl. I think he just does it now for old time's sake. She's way too old for him now.

by Anonymousreply 264February 11, 2020 9:22 PM

Trump just claimed at a press conference he did not ask the DOJ to change the recommendation.....and we all know he is outright lying.

A president whose word you can not trust at all.

by Anonymousreply 265February 11, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]She's way too old for him now.

Once Daddy's girl, always Daddy's girl.

by Anonymousreply 266February 11, 2020 9:24 PM

The Hill:

Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 11, 2020 9:33 PM

David Pakman:

Trump's Vocabulary & Speech Deteriorating Rapidly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 11, 2020 9:48 PM

Please let's put it out there in public...Trump is early stage dementia. Nancy basically hinted at it. Let's all start doing it.

by Anonymousreply 269February 11, 2020 9:51 PM

All four prosecutors have resigned.

by Anonymousreply 270February 11, 2020 10:02 PM

Yes, R269. One thing I've learned from Trump, is that if you say something over and over again, people start to believe it. In this case, it happens to be true, but no one is talking about it. Do unto Trump what he has done unto others, over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 271February 11, 2020 10:08 PM

Trump might actually be telling the quasi-truth. After his tweet, Barr may have taken it upon himself to revise the sentence recommendation. Or else Trump asked someone like Pence to deliver the message to Barr to revise the sentence recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 272February 11, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote]So much for that whole equal justice under the law thing. Now that impeached-forever Trump is unfettered and running free, he's determined to protect those ratf~ckers who carried out his orders. First, there was news that Mike Flynn's sentencing has been delayed indefinitely, and now this:

[quote] The DOJ is changing its sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone, according to a Senior DOJ official. “The Department finds seven to nine years extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate," the source said, adding the DOJ will clarify its position on sentencing later today.

[quote] The Washington Post reports that the statement came hours after President Trump tweeted of the sentence prosecutors recommended, “This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” even though senior Justice Department officials said the decision was made ahead of the tweet. As if Trump didn't pick up the phone and rant at them first or something.

[quote] Yes, that's right. Roger Stone, ratf~cker extraordinaire, liar to Congress, coverup guy who was convicted on 7 counts by a jury of his peers -- that Roger Stone, who was facing FIFTY years in prison and whom prosecutors recommended should get 7-9 years -- will probably walk away with probation or something. What a time to be alive if you're a ratf~cking jerk who helped get Trump elected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273February 11, 2020 10:11 PM

I hope that Republicans writing in Bloomberg's name becomes a national thing.

by Anonymousreply 274February 11, 2020 10:13 PM

NBC:

All four Roger Stone prosecutors resign from case after DOJ backpedals on sentencing recommendation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 11, 2020 10:17 PM

These prosecutors had better fucking find a microphone and START TALKING! Enough with this protecting-the-honor-and-secrecy-of-the-DOJ bullshit. Speak up, goddamnit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 276February 11, 2020 10:17 PM

I can't help but wonder when this will end..Dump really is becoming the DICKtator he always wanted to be. All we need are pictures of the 'dear leader' on every street corner. Which Barr dismantling the DOJ, and the impotent, complicit GOP Senate enabling him, HOW WILL HE BE STOPPED?! We have lost any guarantees of fair elections...

by Anonymousreply 277February 11, 2020 10:20 PM

I can't help but wonder when this will end..Dump really is becoming the DICKtator he always wanted to be. All we need are pictures of the 'dear leader' on every street corner. Which Barr dismantling the DOJ, and the impotent, complicit GOP Senate enabling him, HOW WILL HE BE STOPPED?! We have lost any guarantees of fair elections...

by Anonymousreply 278February 11, 2020 10:20 PM

And now trump claimed in a tweet that he didn't tell Barr to lower stones sentence but he said it is his right to do it since he is president. He has become a dictator.

by Anonymousreply 279February 11, 2020 10:23 PM

Can the Senate vote for a do-over on the Impeachment vote?

by Anonymousreply 280February 11, 2020 10:24 PM

I’m very disappointed to hear about this development.

by Anonymousreply 281February 11, 2020 10:24 PM

The House needs to immediately investigate this. Obviously Barr won't cooperate but they need to subpoena him and all his communications. They need to subpoena the 4 resigned prosecutors maybe they'll talk.

Barr needs to be impeached, removed, stripped of his lawyer's license and thrown in jail. At the very least his fat ass needs to be impeached

by Anonymousreply 282February 11, 2020 10:30 PM

R272...Trump doesnt need to have Pence deliver any message...Barrs son in law works in the OLC at the White House. Im sure there are daily messages being sent.

by Anonymousreply 283February 11, 2020 10:55 PM

David Pakman:

Pence Now DEFENDS Trump Deficits as NECESSARY & GOOD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 11, 2020 11:06 PM

All these fuckers need to go straight to the gibbet.

by Anonymousreply 285February 11, 2020 11:09 PM

"..Trump doesnt need to have Pence deliver any message...Barrs son in law works in the OLC at the White House. Im sure there are daily messages being sent."

Or he could just pick up the phone and talk to Barr directly and later claim they discussed a different topic. What does it matter anymore? There're never any consequences anyway. Trump just does whatever he wants now. I bet in a few weeks he will drop the lying altogether and just outright admit his interference, obstruction and cheating. This is a rogue president now and no one can stop him. Why pretend there still is a rule of law? This is a dictatorship now thanks to the GOP and his cult followers.

by Anonymousreply 286February 11, 2020 11:18 PM

r261 This. Pundits pretended not to notice that 19 page memo Barr wrote and sent to Trump where he made the case the President is above the law. Why else would Trump hire him? The pundits ignored General Cover-up's actions during Iran Contra and they ignored all the speeches he gave the past few years where he revealed himself to be a religious crackpot who wants a theocracy.

Republicans like Benjamin Wittes just need to shut the fuck up. They keep telling us people like Kavanaugh and Barr will be just fine. NO Trump appointee will be fine. None of them can be trusted. If they were decent people Trump wouldn't have anything to do with them. That's why I don't trust the FBI anymore, either. If Christopher Wray could be trusted Trump and Barr would have already fired him.

by Anonymousreply 287February 11, 2020 11:27 PM

Pundits partly got us into this mess. They do back flips to blame both sides or their whataboutism games they normalize lies and propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 288February 11, 2020 11:41 PM

speaking of Barr, when he announced the arrest of the Chinese for Equifax, my 1st thought was I don't believe you. My 2nd was, this was convenient because who would question it right now when everyone is unhappy with the Chinese. I realized that like Trump, no matter what comes out of Barr's mouth, I will never believe him.

by Anonymousreply 289February 12, 2020 12:56 AM

Ugh, I just saw the first Bernie commercial in Spanish. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 290February 12, 2020 1:20 AM

so apparently while the primary results are coming in Trump is tweeting a storm about the Stone case

by Anonymousreply 291February 12, 2020 1:25 AM

I’ve got the Pundette blues....

by Anonymousreply 292February 12, 2020 1:35 AM

A.G. Barr Interfering In Legal Cases Tied To Trump: NBC News | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293February 12, 2020 1:40 AM

We don’t have Job-stoppage strikes like many countries do partly because healthcare is tied to your job here. Lose your job and you’re fucked. This is one of the ways they control us.

by Anonymousreply 294February 12, 2020 1:48 AM

The corruption is next level. You cannot say Putin isn't pulling the strings and calling the shots. Yeah, all you older generation voters who use to hate Russia and feared what they wanted to do worldwide have bent over and are taking it up the ass with no lube all for a fucking loser conman! The Apprentice actor! REALLY? LMFAO

I never envisioned the entire GOP would be complicit but here we are. Granted, I am not surprised 85% of the GOP is complicit but I thought 15% of them would keep them from going here. I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 295February 12, 2020 1:50 AM

What is Trump tweeting about? That he did not interfere and whst a great guy Stone is? I really can't visit his site anymore.

by Anonymousreply 296February 12, 2020 2:09 AM

this guy copied them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 12, 2020 2:13 AM

What gets me is that the crazier the person is in the GOP, the more their voters love them. Can you imagine having to live someplace where the electorate votes in the likes of Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, Doug Collins, Louie Gohmert, Marsha Blackburn, etc...

I would love to blame FoxNews for the stupidity...they are responsible because they propagate it, but it goes deeper than that. The GOP waged war on education the moment schools became desegregated. Its embarrassing what some of the curriculum is in the deep red states.

by Anonymousreply 298February 12, 2020 2:17 AM

Flying back from NH with the menz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299February 12, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote]while the primary results are coming in Trump is tweeting a storm about the Stone case

He attacked the judge and may have laid the groundwork for a Manafort pardon:

Is this the Judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something that not even mobster Al Capone had to endure? How did she treat Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just asking!

by Anonymousreply 300February 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Freeing Manafort seems to be a top priority for Russia, R300. One of the jobs Giuliani was tasked with was undermining the case against Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 301February 12, 2020 2:48 AM

It's all "guns, babies, jeebus" in shithole Ohio, r298. The sheep don't think, don't consider consequences to their blind loyalty to the GOP.

Most of them don't care as long as "the gubmint keeps their hands off my guns and stops baby Killin liburls!"

That's how meth mouth Jordan keeps getting voted in.

by Anonymousreply 302February 12, 2020 2:49 AM

You know, we all assume he will pardon Flynn Stone and Manafort. I expected it to happen after the election no matter whether he wins or loses. It seems like the timing would be right for him to do it the pardons. So, why now? This is such a blatant in your face insult, such a colossal abuse of power it boggles the mind.

IMO something else is going on. I see Putin pulling strings, maybe threatening him. Putin knows without his help and interference, Trump cannot win, and he will probably come very close to losing the Senate. So this would be the time for Putin to put some pressure on Trump. Someone is.

Trump is terrified right now. Everything he is doing, his rage and his revenge is also done from a place of fear. He is afraid he will lose the election. He has to know how much hate there is out here. His base has shrunk. Real hate. He has to feel it. Andrea Mitchell Reports said he bussed people to the NH rally. And he is a stupid bully who isn't thinking strategically about his enemies. Enough people resign, turn against him, he has alienated top brass in the military, some have quit many have not but their resentment is building. And he haspissed off the entire staff except for BArrs cronies in the Justicedepartment.

by Anonymousreply 303February 12, 2020 2:54 AM

Name ONE crooked thing HIllary has ever done r300.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Fuck off Deplorashit.

by Anonymousreply 304February 12, 2020 2:56 AM

r299 leaves me wondering where's a nice plane crash when you need one...?!

by Anonymousreply 305February 12, 2020 3:01 AM

R304, R300 was just posting Trump's tweet.

Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 306February 12, 2020 3:04 AM

r302...Im from Ohio..and its ar from the shithole you seem to think it is. Jordan is from an extremely gerrymandered district and for the most part is rural, but theyre not all assholes. Thats what confounds me. How could people with at least a few functioning brain cells vote for such idiots....and then keep reelecting them. You would think a sane republican would primary them.

by Anonymousreply 307February 12, 2020 3:04 AM

The deplorables are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find out the oligarchs don't share their vision for this country and don't give one fuck about abortion. They, of all groups, will ensure it stays legal. They know to take over this country there is only one party who has a group of voters who are gullible and easily prone to cult like propaganda and behavior and that party is the G O P.

R307 Sane Republicans don't exist. Or they joined the Libertarians.

by Anonymousreply 308February 12, 2020 3:05 AM

Why does Putin care if Stone and Manafort are rotting in jail? No one's coming after him even if they sing like canaries. I agree he's behind it, but I can't understand why and why now

by Anonymousreply 309February 12, 2020 3:09 AM

R298 Fox is VERY MUCH to blame for this. We have a whole sector of the public that does not know what's going on.at all. They have been convinced that the news on the other networks (except the other one like Fox, "OAN") is fake. They've been convinced that the rest of the news media is heavily biased against repubs, lies about repubs, targets repubs unfairly. They believe the lies on Fox are real news. When every other channel was trashing Trump in 2016, Fox was propping him up and he won so they think that confirms Fox is real news.

Fox has demonized everyone from the Obamas to the Clintons to the people Trump fired in the FBI to now Romney. Schiff, Schumer and Pelosi are really hated on there as well.

Fox has truly created an alternate reality and it really needs to be dismantled. I keep hoping someone at the debates will ask the Democratic candidates about bringing back the Fairness Doctrine.

I understand you can't change someone's political beliefs but there's no excuse why we can't all be getting the same damn facts.

by Anonymousreply 310February 12, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote]Well, Aaron Zelensky just quit as prosecutor for Stone...and quit the DOJ....he was one of Muellers top prosecutors....someones not happy with the way things are going at DOJ

But will remain completely fucking silent and is, therefore, complicit. They are all complicit if they refuse to stand up and instead continue to just stand down.

by Anonymousreply 311February 12, 2020 3:20 AM

R310: what percentage do you think of fox viewers even know that they don't have and can't even GET a FCC license to be considered a actual news network!...that they "get away" with what they do because their "entertainment not news" (never mind, all they talk about is news!).... and of course how many fox viewers even know that nearly all the people on that network the host from the morning to the evening ones aren't even qualified to have their jobs some without actual journalism/broadcasting degrees and years and years of experience, college degrees in other majors and others without even a college degree at all. how many know that hannity and piro are best buddies with trump and hannity shares the same lawyer as trump!

by Anonymousreply 312February 12, 2020 3:22 AM

There is no changing the minds of the people who still support him. None. Don't try. Fuck them and write them off. We have MORE than enough to win everything without them. Without gerrymandering, the House would be super majority Dem.

by Anonymousreply 313February 12, 2020 3:24 AM

R309, it must be tied in with his repeated attempts to take over Ukraine. Manafort was deeply tied into the crooked Russia aligned politicians who were kicked out through mass demonstrations. Maybe Putin thinks no one will help him if he can’t get his agents out of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 314February 12, 2020 3:28 AM

But, R313, the worst gerrymandering is the electoral college and the Senate. The Founders really fucked us over with those apportionments of power.

by Anonymousreply 315February 12, 2020 3:29 AM

R315 They cheat with voting machines and voter suppression for those. They cannot do that for all the House seats except gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 316February 12, 2020 3:30 AM

well is Putin involved in the black ledger money that Manafort received?

by Anonymousreply 317February 12, 2020 3:31 AM

"of course how many fox viewers even know that nearly all the people on that network the host from the morning to the evening ones aren't even qualified to have their jobs some without actual journalism/broadcasting degrees and years and years of experience"

That is a boon to Deplorables. They resent the idea that you need to have qualifications or experience for anything. Education is for "the elites".

by Anonymousreply 318February 12, 2020 3:31 AM

R318... so true! in their upside down warped mind (can it just be pathologically jealousy and self loathing deep down?) to have experience and education is a bad thing! it's elite.... minus of course their president who REEKS of "elitism", you know the man who never did anything for them, who in fact didn't know they existed or wanted to know they existed, but who is now "just like them" and is their savior!..

by Anonymousreply 319February 12, 2020 3:36 AM

here's what the last 4 years has taught me (maybe the rest of you knew it already but I didn't):

for some people, if you tell them what they want to hear, they'll be willing to believe what you want them to hear.

In the case of most repubs, they want to hear:

A) white hetero xtian people are always right and any other group in conflict with them is bad

B) society rules and norms should return to how they were in the 1950s

C) NO TAXES EVER (doesn't matter if the ones getting the best tax deal now are rich, it's the perception that matters)

D) NO ABORTION!!!!!!

E) NO MEDICARE FOR ALL. HOW DARE THE GOVERNMENT FORCE ANYONE TO HAVE HEALTHCARE AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE?

F) this one is not universal for repubs but GUNS GUNS GUNS

G) anyone who doesn't have the same views as you is looking down on you and is an elitist and "unamerican"

so 20 years ago when repubs started hearing this shit on Fox when it debuted, they were hooked. Then the channel could spin them lies about the Clintons and they've descended into misinformation hell from there, getting worse with each new presidential term. So because those viewers hear what they want to hear, they are willing to believe the "news" on Fox is the "real news."

So massaging the delicate egos of these people has led to their indoctrination into the cult. They don't want to believe that gradually the US is getting more liberal and more diverse. They want to stop it and Fox is like their crack addiction. When things don't work out as outlined on Fox, the Fox hosts just say the deep state is stopping everything and the viewers believe it.

Trump and Barr's latest interference in the Stone case will be seen as "real justice". It's nuts but that's what's going to happen

by Anonymousreply 320February 12, 2020 3:39 AM

The one thing that has Dem voters down is star quality. Pres Bone Spurs has the conman aspect which plays well and always has. Biden had it until his poor performances of late. Bernie has it which is why he is always near the top. We need someone who has real star quality or we are going to be nervous wrecks until election day. I think we will win no matter what even with a boring candidate.

Say what you will but Hillary had star quality for days. It is a shame we all allowed FUX and friends to drag her down.

by Anonymousreply 321February 12, 2020 3:59 AM

Ewwww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322February 12, 2020 9:52 AM

The body is So ugly without a soul, r322.

by Anonymousreply 323February 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Perhaps they’d look more appealing wearing Alcatraz ascots.

by Anonymousreply 324February 12, 2020 10:52 AM

After his impeachment acquittal,. Trump feels emboldened to boast about his henchman Bill Barr circumventing the law:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 12, 2020 12:28 PM

There have been all the rumors about Pence being dumped for Nikki Haley, but I’m starting to wonder if the plan is to get Tulsi instead.

by Anonymousreply 326February 12, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote]Is this the Judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something that not even mobster Al Capone had to endure?

As usual Dump is LYING. Amy Berman Jackson sentenced Stone to 7.5 years in prison, but the federal prison system decided where to send him, not Jackson. Manafort initially had a pretty nice deal, too — he was even allowed to have his own laptop in his cell — but he complained about the location of the prison, and ANOTHER judge allowed him to be moved to a different facility. Then that prison determined that he needed to be in solitary for his own safety. Manafort made his own bed, so fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 327February 12, 2020 2:06 PM

R326, I’m fine with that, esp if Tulsi intended to be a spoiler in. November by running independently.

by Anonymousreply 328February 12, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote]Manafort made his own bed, so fuck him.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 329February 12, 2020 2:50 PM

How would you even enforce no-abortion laws? Are you going to throw every woman who miscarries in prison for involuntary manslaughter?

by Anonymousreply 330February 12, 2020 3:00 PM

That seems to be the plan r330.

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2020 3:06 PM

yes, yes they are r330....do you pay attention to some of the abortion laws these red states pass ?....its already been done.

by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2020 3:06 PM

How he'll get his dictatorship in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2020 3:41 PM

At least pompeo will be able to get treatment for his goiter in prison!

by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2020 5:31 PM

R330 that and also closing down abortion facilities and imprisoning doctors who perform abortions.

that's what they psycho hard-right xtians want

by Anonymousreply 335February 12, 2020 6:56 PM

New:

Stone requests a new trial but judge denies it

thankfully

by Anonymousreply 336February 12, 2020 7:08 PM

Trump just praised Barr on twitter regarding the Stone case

as if we needed any more proof that Barr did this because Trump wanted it...

by Anonymousreply 337February 12, 2020 7:12 PM

omg now Trump is on tv bashing the prosecutors and FBI

fucking repubs who acquited hiim

he's on tv calling good people disgraceful and liars. THis is just despicable

I DESPISE REPUBS only Romney and Amash have a tiny bit of my respect

by Anonymousreply 338February 12, 2020 7:18 PM

Barr will testify before House Judiciary Committee next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339February 12, 2020 8:03 PM

Correction: Barr will bullshit, lie, and obfuscate before House Judiciary Committee next month.

Pity that Nadler runs that rather than Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 340February 12, 2020 8:05 PM

Miss Lindsey, Sue Collins, Murkowski and Mitt say that Trump should not be involved in Stone sentencing. How brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 12, 2020 8:08 PM

Bit late for that, senators. Way to be irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 342February 12, 2020 8:09 PM

[quote]Miss Lindsey, Sue Collins, Murkowski and Mitt say that Trump should not be involved in Stone sentencing. How brave.

And guess that? If they'd impeached the fucktard he would be.

by Anonymousreply 343February 12, 2020 8:14 PM

Mitt's allowed to say that. The rest of them can eat shit and die. Their opinions have no weight anymore.

by Anonymousreply 344February 12, 2020 8:15 PM

The House Oversight Committee on Wednesday asked the Secret Service to provide a full accounting of its payments to President Trump’s private company — after The Washington Post revealed that the Secret Service had been charged up to $650 per night for rooms at Trump clubs.

In a letter to the Secret Service, signed by chair Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.) and member Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.), the committee asks for any records of payments to Trump properties, and copies of any contracts between the Secret Service and Trump clubs.

Last week, The Post reported that the Secret Service had been charged up to $650 per night for rooms at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, and charged $17,000 a month for a cottage that agents used at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, N.J. President Trump still owns his companies. These payments show he has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government.

The letter said those charges stand “in stark contrast” to the Trump Organization’s public statements. Trump’s son Eric, who runs the company day-to-day, had previously said that the company charged government employees at a steep discount.

“They stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Eric Trump said last year in an interview with Yahoo Finance. Eric Trump estimated the charge per room was “like 50 bucks.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 12, 2020 8:18 PM

I live in rural PA near OH. let me tell you how the politics are run here. we have a Republican politician that ran as a representative in 1991. He still holds some kind of office. When the Democrats tried to run against him the Republicans told them to give it up because they had more money than the Democrats would ever have and they couldn't win. So no one has ever run against him. Almost all our politicians in my area are Republicans. And they usually run unopposed.

by Anonymousreply 346February 12, 2020 9:55 PM

The MAGAts will look around at how miserable their lives are, and the Republicans will convince them it is the fault of the Democrats and "socialists" and they will continue to blame Liberals for their misery. Yes. They are that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 347February 12, 2020 10:43 PM

Don’t let these people scare you into submission. Remember that it’s the fear that they survive on. If you take that away, their house of cards fall.

More republicans are going to have to tune out the fear and call out this bully.

by Anonymousreply 348February 13, 2020 12:53 AM

It’s all going to come down to Bloomberg vs. Plump.

Too bad for some of these candidates, because they are true patriots, but when the votes start coming in from the majority of states, Bloomberg will win.

by Anonymousreply 349February 13, 2020 12:56 AM

Susan Collins can fuck off

by Anonymousreply 350February 13, 2020 1:14 AM

You don’t have to go along with fascism. Don’t go quietly. Put up a fight.

by Anonymousreply 351February 13, 2020 1:18 AM

We all need to be standing up and fighting for these hero’s who are risking their necks going against the administration.

We need to show people that you will be rewarded with support and protection if the come forward.

So many careers ended by these thugs.

by Anonymousreply 352February 13, 2020 1:21 AM

rachael is on fire tonight

by Anonymousreply 353February 13, 2020 1:26 AM

lovely to see Yovanovitch get a standing ovation at Georgetown today. She was so humble too

by Anonymousreply 354February 13, 2020 2:10 AM

353 and 354 blocked by me. Hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 355February 13, 2020 3:07 AM

Sorry, 353 and 354 were not blocked by me. It was a glitch. Apologies!

by Anonymousreply 356February 13, 2020 3:08 AM

America is slipping into fascism. Does America care? that is the question.

by Anonymousreply 357February 13, 2020 3:41 AM

R357 Slipping? We are practically there. Democrats did what they could. We are very lucky they had the House. If we get out of this with our republic intact, we can thank them. The media and all free enterprise need to stop this. No more letting Santorum or Christie or any of the lying right wing fascists on TV to spew their propaganda. And do NOT refer to the likes of Chris Christie as moderate. The GOP has no true moderate.

Did anybody see what the CNBC anchor said about running to primary AOC? She went on about how she was "sort of" a Republican but the Democrats were too, I KID YOU NOT, fiscally irresponsible and the Republicans were too socially conservative but in the end she decided she was a Democrat. Is this bitch for real? The fucking Republicans are the fiscally responsible party? Someone tweet this CUNT. This kind of SHIT is what idiots think. Anybody who thinks the GOP is anywhere near fiscally responsible needs to be kicked to Pluto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 13, 2020 4:00 AM

I’m thinking maybe the rethuglicans did kill JFK, looking back.

They are certainly capable of it and wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep.

If you look back, I wonder if they’ve offed a lot of people. What about Alito? John McCain. It’s not above them.

I think they poisoned Hillary. It was awfully good timing for her to faint while she was on tv. They could have timed the poison.

by Anonymousreply 359February 13, 2020 5:10 AM

Christie isn't a Nazi. In today's Republican party, that makes him a moderate.

by Anonymousreply 360February 13, 2020 10:47 AM

Bill Weld is a moderate.

Chris Christie is an opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 361February 13, 2020 11:12 AM

Chris Christie was a demented lunatic like Trump. He would tell reporters they were fat or ugly or idiots. He’s a piece of shit who ran his office like the mob. He shit down a highway as payback to going against him. He is fucking Trump.

by Anonymousreply 362February 13, 2020 11:20 AM

As long as Democrats keep shifting into Stalin territory, Republicans will remain in office. It’s going to take a severe loss to wake the party the fuck up. They’re keen on staying in Crazy Town with people like AOC as their leader.

by Anonymousreply 363February 13, 2020 11:21 AM

Really, R363, Trump's DoD is suspending rule of law, and Democrats are the autocrats??

talk about Crazy Town.

by Anonymousreply 364February 13, 2020 11:37 AM

AOC is many things, but Joe Stalingrad ain’t one of ‘em. How’s the weather in St. Pete R363?

by Anonymousreply 365February 13, 2020 12:04 PM

Sue Collins married one of DC's biggest GOP lobbyists - not sure for which corporation - but she's rolling in dough and voted her pocketbook.

Anyone supporting this pig, at this point in time, when all the finger pointing and investigations have been started by GOP operatives, is voting for their own interests, their own bank accounts, their own perceived fears and hatred.

The GOP is attracting tea-party libertarians because they're undercover racists who don't want to see POC get anything. They attract evangelicals because they promise to eradicate Roe v. Wade and allow them to discriminate while picking taxpayer pockets in social aid they can now legally access. They don't need women and POC as long as they continue to appeal to the Jordan Peterson libertarian types - young and arrogant - who are infected with their own victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 366February 13, 2020 12:20 PM

Miss Thang declares Daddēē did nothing wrong. Who is primarying her in SC? Attila the Hun?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 13, 2020 12:51 PM

THE DEMOCRATS NEED TO BE ON TV 24/7 AND SCREAMING over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how THEY are the party doing everything, passing hundreds of bills that the american public wants and it's the repubs who are blocking them for partisan reasons!..

i swear i'm so so tired of seeing and hearing the repubs including president dump on tv constantly calling them "the do nothing democrats" and other similar phrases of them not doing anything for the american people! (another tagline the american people the republicans love love to use as a dog whistler for viewers)..

by Anonymousreply 368February 13, 2020 12:58 PM

NYT:

After Stone Case, Prosecutors Say They Fear Pressure From Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369February 13, 2020 1:50 PM

The Atlantic:

John Kelly Finally Lets Loose on Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370February 13, 2020 1:52 PM

Newsweek:

Trump's Iran War Powers to be Curbed by Senate with Republican Support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Oh, OK Kelly. NOW you're a blabbermouth. He's another enabler.

by Anonymousreply 372February 13, 2020 2:01 PM

White House quietly trims dozens of national security experts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373February 13, 2020 2:11 PM

r371....HAHAHAHA....McConnell already came out last night and said he is urging his colleagues to vote NO...so its as good as dead.

by Anonymousreply 374February 13, 2020 2:14 PM

NYT: Hope Hicks to return as counselor to the president and senior adviser, working not for comms but for Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 375February 13, 2020 2:15 PM

NBC: Trump and Bloomberg trade blows as the president targets the Democratic contender

Bloomberg snapped back on Twitter, saying that he and Trump "know many of the same people in NY."

"Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown," Bloomberg continued. "They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence. I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376February 13, 2020 2:16 PM

She's ba-a-a-ack.......

ABC: Hope Hicks returning to Trump White House as senior adviser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377February 13, 2020 2:55 PM

Experts Warn Democracies Facing Autocracy: Protect Your Institutions | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 13, 2020 3:06 PM

I watched that last night R378. I got really upset afterwards, but it's a wake up call and a must see for everyone who loves this country.

by Anonymousreply 379February 13, 2020 3:13 PM

Speaker Pelosi speaks to reporters during weekly briefing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380February 13, 2020 3:34 PM

Spell. It. OUT. Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 381February 13, 2020 3:46 PM

Bloomberg is taunting Trump on Twitter

Mike Bloomberg @MikeBloomberg · 3h .@realDonaldTrump - we know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence.

I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will.

by Anonymousreply 382February 13, 2020 3:50 PM

And she rails against Barr, as well!

Still watching Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 383February 13, 2020 3:53 PM

did Nancy always give a weekly address?

by Anonymousreply 384February 13, 2020 3:55 PM

The Atlantic Outlines The Trump Campaign's Disinformation Tactics | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385February 13, 2020 4:09 PM

The pressure is really getting to donald and he is breaking down in real time. He has a meeting with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo this afternoon. Ha! Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 386February 13, 2020 4:11 PM

And Repugs accuse Democrats of not caring about the troops, while Trump says shit like this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387February 13, 2020 4:28 PM

"As long as Democrats keep shifting into Stalin territory, Republicans will remain in office. It’s going to take a severe loss to wake the party the fuck up. They’re keen on staying in Crazy Town with people like AOC as their leader"

How do trolls get away with shit like this? AOC is hardly the "leader" of the Dems - she's a freshman congresswoman with no real power. And she isn't remotely similar to Stalin, nor is any other mainstream Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 388February 13, 2020 4:41 PM

It's called PROJECTION

by Anonymousreply 389February 13, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote]MORE in White House staff moves - Johnny McEntee, the aide removed by Kelly over security clearance issues who recently returned to the West Wing, is expected to take over the office that oversees presidential personnel appointments, per 2 ppl briefed.

Makes sense -- the guy whose background was so questionable that Kelly booted him is now in charge of vetting the backgrounds of administration newcomers. Makes it easier to install criminals at ever level.

by Anonymousreply 390February 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Hope hicks is back because she is a calming presence for and he’s totally off the rails rage-y. She is to play the role of the actress with king kong.

by Anonymousreply 391February 13, 2020 5:05 PM

R391 - excellent analogy re Fay Wray with King Kong. I'm guessing that's exactly her role, and nothing more (unless she's also on her knees a lot, a position she's definitely comfortable in, and not for praying either!)

by Anonymousreply 392February 13, 2020 5:25 PM

R378, this is what all the pundits and, so called experts, should be talking about non-stop. And I do mean non-stop. Not evaluating and dwelling on the faults of every single candidate. I'm so glad that, at least, Rachel gets it and is sounding the alarm. This is really happening and we need to pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 393February 13, 2020 5:29 PM

"Why would you go to the movies when you can get movie theater quality picture and sound in your own home and spend much less money in the long run?"

Socializing?

by Anonymousreply 394February 13, 2020 5:30 PM

Does Hope hev bigger tit?

by Anonymousreply 395February 13, 2020 5:31 PM

You must mean that she's on her knees steaming his pants, R392. I got that right way. You can't pull one over on me!

by Anonymousreply 396February 13, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]Mike Bloomberg @MikeBloomberg · 3h .@realDonaldTrump - we know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence.

It feels exhilarating to read this publicly from a prominent billionaire challenger rather than daily here in the justly disgusted DL. Let this tone now continue daily, publicly, loudly.

Of course the forensics of Trump's toxic corruption need tireless attention; but the big broad public takedowns must also continue as a duty - as being the basic crude tactics which get to Trump and seriously undermine him.

by Anonymousreply 397February 13, 2020 6:05 PM

It is really nice to see somebody hitting him hard. No more Mr. Nice Dem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398February 13, 2020 6:21 PM

Reuters:

Rebuking Trump over Iran, U.S. Senate passes measure curbing president's ability to wage war

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399February 13, 2020 6:26 PM

If Biden had any sense, he'd go after fat Donnie with both barrels non-stop.

He needs to stop trying to win and raise money and just attack this lying traitor endlessly in the press and on social media.

This would not only enrage the dotard but it would draw fire from everyone else. Biden has to know he's not doing well so why not land a few deep cuts and mortally wound this traitor?

Call out his fucking grifting brats. Hunter sat on some board? Big deal.

Your kids are selling American visas to desperate Chinese people. They're also selling access to the White House and peddling influence. They're also attempting to subvert democracy and make themselves next in line for the presidency.

Every last one of the Democrats who have dropped out need to start doing this. Attack that fat fuck relentlessly. Do the talk show circuit, attack in social media

by Anonymousreply 400February 13, 2020 6:41 PM

R397 - yes, more of this from Bloomberg. I'd rather he not get the nomination, but if he does, I'll enjoy the hell out of him absolutely driving Trump even more batshit and humiliating him daily. This is exactly the tactic that is needed, and why I love the younger Dems in the party who already master it. It's 2020 people. Normal is not coming back anytime soon. In my favorite scene in the movie "Malice," Anne Bancroft's character confronts Bill Pullman's whiny character, showing him that playing virtuous against con men (or con women) isn't going to amount to shit. "Welcome to the game."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401February 13, 2020 6:55 PM

they fit Everything into this song. whoever did it did a great job

"The Day Democracy Died" Sung by The Founding Fathers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402February 13, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]NYT: Hope Hicks to return as counselor to the president and senior adviser, working not for comms but for Kushner.

Wives of abusive men working at or around the WH must be torn. Think of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 403February 13, 2020 7:04 PM

r400 Joe lost me because he just shakes his head and mutters something while the GOP is dragging his kid through the mud. He should be on TV every day telling Lindsey to go fuck himself, or call a press conference to announce if we're going after people's children, let's talk about the time Ivanka did a business deal with Iran's Revolutionary Guard.

The oldest Trump kids are the three most vile swamp creatures who have ever been spawned and the Democrats refuse to attack them. It's infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 404February 13, 2020 7:09 PM

Remember when they got mad because Obamas AG allowed Bill Clinton on her plane?

by Anonymousreply 405February 13, 2020 7:24 PM

by Anonymousreply 406February 13, 2020 7:24 PM

by Anonymousreply 407February 13, 2020 7:24 PM

Yes I'm so ready for the Democrats to start giving it back. There's nothing Trump says about anyone else that isn't triple true of him and it's time to start screaming it from the rooftops. Long past time!

by Anonymousreply 408February 13, 2020 7:30 PM

NYT:

In Bipartisan Bid to Restrain Trump, Senate Passes Iran War Powers Resolution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409February 13, 2020 8:03 PM

Washington Post:

Trump suggests Roger Stone’s jury forewoman had ‘significant bias’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410February 13, 2020 8:09 PM

ABC:

Barr blasts Trump's tweets: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 13, 2020 8:15 PM

Too late Billy Boy. You've made your bed.

by Anonymousreply 412February 13, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote]Impossible for me to do my job.

That's good. That's good because his job is to destroy democracy.

by Anonymousreply 413February 13, 2020 8:27 PM

Barr is such a fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 414February 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Dang malice was a great movie! Good reference r401

by Anonymousreply 415February 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Did anyone catch Donny Jr saying he stood in BREAD LINES? it was Fuxx so i’m not linking but peeps are referencing it on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 416February 13, 2020 8:32 PM

The only "bread line" that chinless fool stood in was the one to steal bread from the mouths of Darfur orphans!

by Anonymousreply 417February 13, 2020 8:52 PM

R415.... went straight to see if you can find it on AppleTV and I did... so really looking forward to watching it!

by Anonymousreply 418February 13, 2020 8:52 PM

Ring of Fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 13, 2020 9:07 PM

Trumpy must be furious about the war powers act. Does anyone know who voted for it? Not much coverage.

by Anonymousreply 420February 13, 2020 9:08 PM

R414, I agree. It's just a ploy. I wonder what's really going on behind our backs while we're distracted by Barr's lie.

by Anonymousreply 421February 13, 2020 9:20 PM

Lamar Alexander, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins (all trying too late to atone), Rand Paul, Moran (the moron), and three others

by Anonymousreply 422February 13, 2020 9:20 PM

R411: "We agreed to synchronize our lies. You are undermining me by telling the truth."

R420, Trump will veto this legislation.

by Anonymousreply 423February 13, 2020 9:21 PM

Rand Paul r422? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 424February 13, 2020 9:26 PM

Rand’s a bit of an odd duck - even for a Republican

by Anonymousreply 425February 13, 2020 9:29 PM

Miz Lindzey, whom Parnas directly linked to the Ukrainian scandal near the very beginning, is launching a Senate investigation into the Bidens.

So the Fox that left chicken feathers all over the coop is demanding the dead chickens be punished for shitting as they are being pursued and eaten?

by Anonymousreply 426February 13, 2020 10:00 PM

Hey, Bill, why not rage quit and "write" a book about how horrible it is working for Trump? Then I can be Attorney General!

by Anonymousreply 427February 13, 2020 10:03 PM

Tulsi Gabbard is running frequent TV ads in South Carolina. Where's she getting all that money?

Steyer runs a lot of ads. He's wealthy. Pete and Joe Biden have started running ads.

But Tulsi? In South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 428February 13, 2020 10:21 PM

WHY HASN'T JOE BIDEN SCREAMED 24/7 ABOUT HIM AND HIS SON AND FAMILY ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT OF ANYTHING WRONG DOING!?... SERIOUS QUESTION!....HELL SUE FOR SLANDER AND LIBEL!

by Anonymousreply 429February 13, 2020 10:35 PM

Hope Hicks is going back to work at the WH. She's as stupid as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 430February 13, 2020 10:47 PM

Unfortunately, Biden has been largely ineffective in his weak attempts to push back against tRump and the Rethugs. He’s railed against potential voters more than he appears willing to take on the Repukes.

On the other hand, Bloomberg and his team have been masterful.

by Anonymousreply 431February 13, 2020 11:02 PM

R430.. what else is she going to do? her qualifications (NONE) and experience and education would lead her to either a) be a mouth piece on fox b) manager of a clothing store or c) washington madam..

by Anonymousreply 432February 13, 2020 11:13 PM

Biden may make a decent President, but he's a lame candidate. He can't get up there in a debate and hem and haw and stutter and forget things.

It makes me long for Pete, with his razor sharp mind and gift of gab. He could shred Dotard onstage if he released his inner queen.

by Anonymousreply 433February 13, 2020 11:56 PM

Hope is back because trump is on the edge of losing it. IIRC she was supposedly the only person that could soothe him. So things must be seriously fucked up in the White House right now. Dementia flare up I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 434February 14, 2020 12:36 AM

Waiting for the cat fight between Stephanie & Hope. It will be another juicy entry when my book is ready.

by Anonymousreply 435February 14, 2020 12:52 AM

Has anonymous ever been identified? That was suppose to be a Senior official in the administration.

John Kelly, maybe? Kellyanne still?

by Anonymousreply 436February 14, 2020 12:58 AM

R436, I’m thinking it was Kelly, not Smelly.

by Anonymousreply 437February 14, 2020 1:11 AM

Trump now admits he sent Rudy to Ukraine...I keep trying to post the link but DL won't let me. Check CNN... breaking now.

by Anonymousreply 438February 14, 2020 1:21 AM

I’m having the same problem as r438. It’s the top story on CNN’s site.

[quote]Emboldened after his impeachment acquittal, President Donald Trump now openly admits to sending his attorney Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine to find damaging information about his political opponents, even though he strongly denied it during the impeachment inquiry.

[quote]The reversal came Thursday in a podcast interview Trump did with journalist Geraldo Rivera, who asked, "Was it strange to send Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine, your personal lawyer? Are you sorry you did that?" Trump responded, "No, not at all," and praised Giuliani's role as a "crime fighter."

[quote]"Here's my choice: I deal with the Comeys of the world, or I deal with Rudy," Trump said, referring to former FBI Director James Comey. Trump explained that he has "a very bad taste" of the US intelligence community, because of the Russia investigation, so he turned to Giuliani.

[quote]"So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor," Trump said. "But also, other presidents had them. FDR had a lawyer who was practically, you know, was totally involved with government. Eisenhower had a lawyer. They all had lawyers."

by Anonymousreply 439February 14, 2020 1:31 AM

Morning Consult released some data that makes me unsettled: his approval rating in key states is increasing. Despite all the bullshit, it's increasing. Dumb deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 440February 14, 2020 1:33 AM

R440 I have contacts who say internal polling is still solid for Dems. I even asked if this information was also for President, not just the House, and it is. It's solid.

by Anonymousreply 441February 14, 2020 1:49 AM

People still hate him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442February 14, 2020 1:53 AM

We have a long way to go until November. Be very conscious of when certain media start "turning" and normalizing Trump. They will be subtle about it, they will increase negative coverage of Dems and the number of Republicans speaking out in defense of Trump or to smear the Dems will increase. Pay attention. We need to stay in their asses as much as we go after the Senate. The Media has to feel our outrage. They need to be able to stand there on the air and say that Trump must be the most hated man in America.

by Anonymousreply 443February 14, 2020 2:00 AM

Usually when something major happens, I get a succession of push alerts on my phone from all the major news sources (CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, WaPo) about it. But regarding R438's story, I only got the one alert from CNN. How the fuck can the President making such an admission of guilt apparently not rate as major news? (I've received a string of push alerts about Megan and Harry but not this?) I must say I'm rather surprised that Rachel didn't even mention it at any point during her show tonight either. WTF?

It truly never ceases to amaze me that this asshole's criminal behavior is treated about as normal as a walk across the White House lawn. People have really gotten to the point that they just don't give a fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 444February 14, 2020 2:10 AM

Rep. Jim Jordan called ‘Coward’ Over Alleged Abuse Cover-Up | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445February 14, 2020 2:22 AM

As we learned in 2016, it's not the national polls that matter - it's the Electoral College. We lost MI, WI, and PA by only 50k votes, total.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446February 14, 2020 2:53 AM

R446 Funny how that happened, right? So convenient. Almost like vote totals were changed juuuuuust enough.

by Anonymousreply 447February 14, 2020 2:59 AM

R447 No shit!

by Anonymousreply 448February 14, 2020 3:14 AM

Even Rasputin shows that useless blowhard underwater, r442.

by Anonymousreply 449February 14, 2020 3:18 AM

A hit piece by Laura Bassett in GQ claiming that Bloomberg has a “history of egregious sexism.” When you dissect it, he made some unbecoming comments regarding women ages ago. She has lumped into her claims the complaints about stop-and-frisk and harassment suits that relate to his companies but that are not attributable to him (and does do without making any distinction between the two classes of lawsuits).

OK. He’s made unflattering comments about women (e.g., “nice tits“). I’d like to see what his campaign has to say about all of this. But it seems clear that Bassett has an axe to grind, because the allegations are from lawsuits that are two decades old — before he ran for Mayor three times. She also links his prior behavior with supportive comments that Bloomberg made more recently about his friend Charlie Rose when Rose was hit with #MeToo harassment complaints.

Bumps in the road. Better to come out now. Though I’d like to see tRump attempt to complain about any of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450February 14, 2020 3:47 AM

I really wish Kamala hadn't stumbled so early. I wish Jon Tester or Bullock would have run/caught on. I wish Warren hadn't go as far as MFA.

Bloomberg has the money to compete. He is center left on just about every single issue. He is a moderate-liberal. I am taking a wait and see approach to him, though. He needs to commit to judges that are liberal. No centrists. He needs to raise taxes on the wealthy by a lot.

Otherwise, we are fine. Don't let trolls and the media make you feel down about things. They lie.

by Anonymousreply 451February 14, 2020 3:55 AM

Don't pay attention to Trump's approval numbers. For his entire presidency, they have moved up and down in a narrow band. Perhaps they've increased recently, but they'll soon float down again. There is absolutely no middle ground with him.

I'm not in love with the idea of Bloomberg winning the nomination, but him and Trump both must be the bitchiest old queens alive. Fight fire with fire. He's the only candidate that I really feel can beat Trump at his own game. None of the rest really have that spark. I still feel like Bernie is going to be pummeled into the ground in the general. Why do you think Trump is talk him up so much?

by Anonymousreply 452February 14, 2020 6:22 AM

R452 Perhaps Trump WANTS Bernie as his opponent? I've been feeling this for awhile. Even the clowns on Fox have either taken it easy on him, or even done one or two stories of (almost) praise. I think it's suspicious. An orchestrated campaign, maybe. However, if there is some nefarious plan at work, I don't think Bernie has knowledge or anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 453February 14, 2020 7:01 AM

Yes, the Dotard would love to run against Bernie. When they were finished with him he wouldn’t be recognizable. The Repukes would take the word “socialist” and use it as a weapon against Sanders every hour of the general election.

by Anonymousreply 454February 14, 2020 10:14 AM

What's those 'bumps' on each side of Lindsey's lips?

I'm concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455February 14, 2020 10:33 AM

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

MouthCancer!

by Anonymousreply 456February 14, 2020 10:42 AM

r450, there is nothing sexist about grabbing pussy and making locker room tawk. "all men do these things".

by Anonymousreply 457February 14, 2020 10:50 AM

[quote] "all men do these things"

Well...

by Anonymousreply 458February 14, 2020 11:09 AM

I thought Bloomberg was gay

by Anonymousreply 459February 14, 2020 11:40 AM

There's a Gym story on CNN right now. "Gym Jordan called me crying - [italic]crying[/italic] - on the fourth of July...."

by Anonymousreply 460February 14, 2020 11:44 AM

Can you offer a bit more context, R460? What was the story about? Whose quote is that (if it’s even real)? Link?

by Anonymousreply 461February 14, 2020 12:15 PM

A man testified at an Ohio statehouse hearing Tuesday that Rep. Jim Jordan had called him and asked him to contradict the accounts of his own brother, a whistleblower and alleged victim of sexual abuse by an Ohio State University doctor.

Adam DiSabato's brother Mike said in 2018 that he was sexually abused by OSU doctor Richard Strauss while he was a wrestler there between 1987 and 1991, and that his assistant coach at the time, Jordan, an Ohio Republican, knew about the abuse, which Jordan has denied. Adam DiSabato was also a wrestler at OSU.

"Jim Jordan called me crying, crying. Groveling. On the 4th of July, begging me to go against my brother. Begging me. Crying for a half hour. That's the kind of cover-ups that's going on there," Adam DiSabato testified on Tuesday.

A spokesman for the congressman called Adam DiSabato's claim about the phone calls "another lie."

by Anonymousreply 462February 14, 2020 12:23 PM

i will ALWAYS believe the polls were rigged in the swing states... EVERY SINGLE poll from every form of media from every political party had hillary ahead in all of them and the pundits were saying for trump to win the presidency he had to win at least 1 of the 5 swing states, and he ends up winning ALL OF THEM? really? REALLY??..

this gym jordan story has been going on for what at least a year, only now is this guy talking to the media about jordan crying and begging him to deny? where the heck has this guy been? Personally, i can't believe that jordan if he HIMSELF didn't participate in the sexual abuse, at least looked on and got off on it!

by Anonymousreply 463February 14, 2020 12:25 PM

r454, the trouble with that theory is that when you explain what socialism actually means to the average person (aside from investment bankers, Ayn Rand cultists and the like) they love it and want it.

by Anonymousreply 464February 14, 2020 12:34 PM

r460 and r461 - see r445

by Anonymousreply 465February 14, 2020 12:35 PM

Yeah, which is why I just shake my head when I read or hear nonsense from pundits and "news" media that there is no proof that votes were change. Sheee-it. The Russians spent millions, they set up cyber warfare (troll) factories in two cities including Moscow, invested in disinformation campaigns, set up and maintained a presence on Facebook and other social media, and coordinated with Cambridge Analytica and Brad Parscales, Steve Bannon, and Jared on the "GOTV" operations. They sent people here to examine and research our voting process in several states in 2015, they hacked into the voting rolls in all 50 states, They paid off reporters at Fox (and who knows where else) to write misleading a fallacious news reports, and in other ways, based on facts we now know from 17 different Intelligence agencies....they were successful in all of this and more, yet...they didn't change any votes, even though they had the capability of changing votes...... Right.

by Anonymousreply 466February 14, 2020 12:35 PM

"where the heck has this guy been?"

He testified at a statehouse hearing. Should he talk nonstop about his brothers abuse to the media or on social media? Gym has been ignoring these allegations for years now. He's not starting to take responsibility now. People have to vote him out in Nov.

by Anonymousreply 467February 14, 2020 12:36 PM

[quote]the trouble with that theory is that when you explain what socialism actually means to the average person they love it and want it.

You're greatly overstating the case here.

by Anonymousreply 468February 14, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote] the trouble with that theory is that when you [bold] explain [/bold] what socialism actually means to the average person they love it and want it.

When you’re explaining you’re losing. The Repukes will take Sanders most extreme statements and turn them against him. That doubles the burden on the candidate. Explain what socialism is, and try to sell people that your vision is superior.

by Anonymousreply 469February 14, 2020 12:45 PM

R465, thank you, Miss Warren. Will try harder.

by Anonymousreply 470February 14, 2020 12:46 PM

AP: Post-impeachment, House Democrats sharpen focus on Barr

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler announced Wednesday that Barr will testify before the committee March 31 and that lawmakers will ask him about his involvement in the Stone case. People familiar with the committee’s plans said there could be other Judiciary committee hearings before then that examine the politicization of the department. The people requested anonymity because the plans aren’t yet set.

Barr appeared to try and deflect some of the rising criticism Thursday, saying in an interview with ABC News that Trump’s tweets about Justice Department prosecutors and cases “make it impossible for me to do my job.” But he also said the decision to undo the sentencing recommendation was made before Trump tweeted about it, and he said the president had not asked him to intervene in any cases.

That answer won't be enough for Democrats, who also want to ask Barr about his decision to take information from Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, about Joe Biden and his son. Those same efforts by Giuliani in Ukraine were at the heart of Trump's impeachment.

“In the past week alone, you have taken steps that raise grave questions about your leadership,” the Democrats wrote in a letter to Barr.

The GOP-led Senate has shown less interest in grilling the attorney general. Republicans defended the department's decision to reduce Stone’s sentence and said they didn't expect to request Barr's testimony.

“President Trump, in selecting Bill Barr to be attorney general, has done a great service to the people serving in the Department of Justice and our nation as a whole,” Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said in a statement Thursday.

Graham added that Barr has his “complete confidence.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471February 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Of course the Republicans want Sanders. They will settle for Buttigeig. They won't complain about Warren. And just remember. There is no Republican primary in South Carolina. So the Republicans will definitely be crossing over to vote in the Democratic primary. They are officially and publicly calling for all kinds of mischief on primary day. Now interfering with an election is illegal. It has been for years. There are laws and rules. So lets see how that works out....

by Anonymousreply 472February 14, 2020 12:49 PM

NBC:

Pelosi: A.G. Barr 'has deeply damaged the rule of law'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473February 14, 2020 12:52 PM

L.A. Times:

Garcetti calls himself an 'older, straighter' Pete Buttigieg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474February 14, 2020 12:57 PM

Washington Post:

William Barr’s interview: McConnell, top Republicans support him. Critics are suspicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475February 14, 2020 12:59 PM

Po' thang, gentleman caller standards have rapidly diminished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 14, 2020 1:08 PM

Yes, r464, because American voters are well known to respond to reasonable explanations over campaigns based in fear.

Bernie is going to get creamed.

by Anonymousreply 477February 14, 2020 1:10 PM

Barr should be Disbarred and impeached.

He gave that performance yesterday as a way for him to *try* to save face with law peers but he was really saying to Trump “ keep your mouth shut dumbass, how can I keep doing illegal things for you if you’re going to keep blabbing”

That’s how Trump is making it difficult for Barr to do his crooked job.

by Anonymousreply 478February 14, 2020 1:16 PM

Richard Painter on Barr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479February 14, 2020 1:19 PM

The Hill:

Trump maintains he can intervene in cases after Barr urges him to stop tweeting about DOJ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480February 14, 2020 1:29 PM

Thank you R443, and I'd like to add, Rachel Maddow's show has been extremely informative these last 2 night's. I urge everyone to watch and rewatch. She is sounding the alarm that we have to act now and she's trying to help us find a way to do just that.

by Anonymousreply 481February 14, 2020 1:33 PM

John Kelly is "too little, too late". Where was he in "speaking-up" prior to and during the Impeachment hearings.

And Bolton and his damn book are disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 14, 2020 1:37 PM

From r479....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 14, 2020 1:38 PM

Bolton could have spilled the beans with any of dozens of. media outlets. Such a self-serving arse.

by Anonymousreply 484February 14, 2020 1:42 PM

WSJ:

Battle for House Intensifies After Impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485February 14, 2020 1:44 PM

Washington Post:

39 prosecutors blast Attorney General Barr for ‘dangerous and failed’ approach to criminal justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 14, 2020 1:47 PM

Washington Post:

Trump to headline a $580,600-per-couple fundraiser, the most expensive of his reelection bid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487February 14, 2020 1:53 PM

r483 Yes, the nepotism of the Barr family in this administration is profoundly disturbing. Ivanka and Jared is just a sliver of the depth of this disgusting behavior. Elaine Chao, #MoscoeMitch's spouse, is another outrageous example.

by Anonymousreply 488February 14, 2020 1:54 PM

r483 Yes, the nepotism of the Barr family in this administration is profoundly disturbing. Ivanka and Jared is just a sliver of the depth of this disgusting behavior. Elaine Chao, #MoscoeMitch's spouse, is another outrageous example.

by Anonymousreply 489February 14, 2020 1:54 PM

From the link at R480:

[quote] "The President wasn't bothered by the comments at all and he has the right, just like any American citizen, to publicly offer his opinions," White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.

No. No he doesn’t. This is a lie they have repeatedly tried to sell. As long as his fat ass is occupying that chair in the Oval Office, he is NOT like any other American citizen. And the reason became abundantly clear this week when he tweeted his displeasure with the Stone sentencing recommendation and Barr changed it.

And Barr’s attempt to tell tRump to stop tweeting is laughable. He has undercut his words with his actions. First, he should have said this on Tuesday morning, after tRump’s inappropriate Monday night tweet about DOJ’s original sentencing recommendation. Second, without Barr pushing back on the WH denunciation of the 7-9 year Guidelines recommendation, Barr directed the USAO to revise downward the Department’s position. Finally, the government’s second sentencing memo reads more like something written by defense counsel than the prosecutors. This is nothing more than a feeble attempt to cover his ample behind.

by Anonymousreply 490February 14, 2020 1:55 PM

Former GOP Chairman Michael Steele on Barr:

Slow your roll if you think Barr is breaking from Trump. This was a carefully staged message to cool down pissed off DOJ attys whom Barr undercut & to avoid any further internal strife. This message does not get sideways with Trump because he’s already done what Trump wanted.

by Anonymousreply 491February 14, 2020 2:24 PM

Oh, let's watch this again, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492February 14, 2020 2:25 PM

CNBC: President Donald Trump tweeted Friday that he has the “legal right” to meddle in court cases handled by the Department of Justice, a day after Attorney General William Barr said in an extraordinary national television interview that the president’s tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Trump, in direct response to his administration’s top law enforcement official, challenged Barr’s assertion that he will not be “bullied” by anyone.

Trump said that while he could interfere in the department’s criminal cases, he has “so far chosen not to!”

by Anonymousreply 493February 14, 2020 2:33 PM

[quote]i will ALWAYS believe the polls were rigged in the swing states... EVERY SINGLE poll from every form of media from every political party had hillary ahead in all of them and the pundits were saying for trump to win the presidency he had to win at least 1 of the 5 swing states, and he ends up winning ALL OF THEM? really? REALLY??..

And swing state EXIT polls showed that Hillary won. Repug state AGs rigged the election by purging likely Democratic voters from the rolls. When those voters went to cast their ballot for Hillary, they found they were "unregistered", and they were given provisional ballots. So they *thought* they had voted, and that was reflected in the exit polls. But then those votes were not counted, and Dump "won" the state. A total scam. The lesson for 2020 is for red state Dem voters to verify they are registered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 14, 2020 3:03 PM

WaPo: The Justice Department plans to reveal soon that it will not bring charges against former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe for lying to investigators about a media disclosure, people familiar with the matter said.

Donny will not be happy with this one!

by Anonymousreply 495February 14, 2020 4:32 PM

I hope Rachel gets nominated for some major award. I hope the next Democratic PResident gives her the fucking Medal of Freedom...and takes Rush Limbaugh's away. That homophobic racist sexist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 496February 14, 2020 4:36 PM

Bernie's people were heckling Biden at his fundraiser last night, telling him to drop out of the race. It was real ugly. Bernie is finally catching some shit for his behavior and his staff behavior and his supporters behavior. If he can't control his staff how will he run a country. Because he doesn't want to control them. This is Jeff Weaver's speciality. Bernie is very aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 497February 14, 2020 4:47 PM

R463 ["i will ALWAYS believe the polls were rigged in the swing states... EVERY SINGLE poll from every form of media from every political party had hillary ahead in all of them and the pundits were saying for trump to win the presidency he had to win at least 1 of the 5 swing states, and he ends up winning ALL OF THEM? really? REALLY??.."]

Was it the polls that were rigged? or the actual tabulations of the votes themselves. I think it was the latter.

by Anonymousreply 498February 14, 2020 5:30 PM

It was that some people were prevented from voting, and of the ones who did manage to vote their ballots were NOT COUNTED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 14, 2020 5:39 PM

Remember when the right lost their minds and harped on it for years and investigated and still chants, "Lock her up!" because a FORMER President with no power over her met and chatted with the AG who was overseeing his wife's investigation and "Might" have said something to her about it???

by Anonymousreply 500February 14, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote]The dinner, taking place just a few miles from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club, shows how enthusiastically Trump has embraced big-dollar fundraising in his bid for a second term — a dramatic about-face from 2016, when he criticized the influence of wealthy donors on the politicians who court them.

[quote]It also shows the special access enjoyed by many of Trump’s wealthiest donors, including business executives and lobbyists, who get the chance to air their grievances with the president’s tariffs or promote their pet projects, often while dining on Trump’s favorite foods.

$580,600 per COUPLE?!!

Close every door to them.

Hate them and laugh at them.

Bar(r) all the windows and shut out the light.

by Anonymousreply 501February 14, 2020 5:53 PM

R498.. thanks for the correct, yes, i meant NOT that the polls were rigged, but the outcome and totals in those states were rigged.... my mistake...

R483.. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! SOME ALIVE WOMAN ACTUALLY HAD SEX WITH BARR? AND ENOUGH TIMES TO CONCEIVE?! BARF! BARF!..

by Anonymousreply 502February 14, 2020 5:55 PM

Washington Post:

Justice Dept. won’t charge Andrew McCabe, the former FBI official who authorized the investigation of President Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503February 14, 2020 6:23 PM

AP:

Official says US, Taliban reach Afghan truce agreement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 14, 2020 6:25 PM

CNBC:

Disgraced lawyer Michael Avenatti found guilty in Nike extortion trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505February 14, 2020 6:36 PM

You know, since Plump likes to project, maybe he was the one who was not born in the U.S.

He was born in the 1940s, so for all we know he was born back in his parents homeland.

by Anonymousreply 506February 14, 2020 6:37 PM

Has he ever shown his birth certificate?

by Anonymousreply 507February 14, 2020 6:37 PM

Has he ever shown his college grades or Melania's Genius Visa documents?

by Anonymousreply 508February 14, 2020 6:40 PM

Politico:

Army won't investigate Vindman over impeachment testimony, top leader says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509February 14, 2020 6:45 PM

[quote]Bernie's people were heckling Biden at his fundraiser last night, telling him to drop out of the race. It was real ugly. Bernie is finally catching some shit for his behavior and his staff behavior and his supporters behavior. If he can't control his staff how will he run a country. Because he doesn't want to control them. This is Jeff Weaver's speciality. Bernie is very aware of it.

Tom Perez, DNC Chair, needs to get his ass down here to SC and investigate what's going on. Sanders and Steyer, in particular, are handing out cash, in the form of payroll additions, along with black organization contributions, in exchange for endorsements by black legislators and other black political figures.

A group of BernBros+ are trolling speeches and greeting events by Biden, Buttigieg, and even Warren. They have signs, interrupt, yell, block, etc. It doesn't take a big group of disruptors to cause trouble. They appear organized and it is the same group each time. They are particularly rude to Biden and his supporters.

In Columbia it is most obvious.

by Anonymousreply 510February 14, 2020 6:46 PM

The Dem leadership and maybe even the other candidates actually need to start publicly shaming Bernie about this. This is the real movement.

by Anonymousreply 511February 14, 2020 6:48 PM

What are the Bernie Bros gonna do when their wack-a-doo messiah drops dead from a heart attack in April? That’s right...they’ll demand that his reanimated corpse gets the nomination.

I’d still vote for a maggot-eaten Bernie over an overgrown fluorescent orange MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 512February 14, 2020 6:59 PM

This is going to a contested convention and Bernie is not going to win the nomination. His supporters are going to freak. I've said it before on other threads, but they really are the flipside of Trumpsters. There's a personality of cult-like mentality that is disturbing. They are not loyal to the party, but rather the candidate.

But maybe Bill Maher has it right. He finds them comforting because they will get out on the streets and fight, unlike most of the Democratic party. I agree with most of Bernie's positions - I just wish his supporters would chill the fuck out. They've turned r/politics into a toxic echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 513February 14, 2020 7:06 PM

This is going to a contested convention and Bernie is not going to win the nomination. His supporters are going to freak. I've said it before on other threads, but they really are the flipside of Trumpsters. There's a personality of cult-like mentality that is disturbing. They are not loyal to the party, but rather the candidate.

But maybe Bill Maher has it right. He finds them comforting because they will get out on the streets and fight, unlike most of the Democratic party. I agree with most of Bernie's positions - I just wish his supporters would chill the fuck out. They've turned r/politics into a toxic echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 514February 14, 2020 7:06 PM

Why are people posting about Bernie and Biden in the Trump Treason thread?

by Anonymousreply 515February 14, 2020 7:07 PM

R515

Oh dear! I am the worst type of person.

p.s. wasn’t yesterday the day astrologers saw as a huge turning point in the downfall of the orange turd? Is it squashed yet?

by Anonymousreply 516February 14, 2020 7:14 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump-Backed Work-for-Medicaid Plan Is Rejected on Appeal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517February 14, 2020 7:28 PM

CNBC: White House considering tax incentive for more Americans to buy stocks, sources say

The proposal, one of many new tax cuts under consideration, would see a portion of household income treated as tax-free for the purposes of investing outside a traditional 401(k). Under one scenario, a household earning up to $200,000 could invest $10,000 tax-free, although officials noted these numbers are fluid.

"Nothing's ruled out," said one senior administration official. "Nothing's been ruled in, either."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 14, 2020 7:31 PM

That's great, considering a good percentage of Americans couldn’t even cover a $400 emergency.

by Anonymousreply 519February 14, 2020 7:39 PM

NYT:

When America’s Oddest Political Couple Fights, Those Sparks Are Real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520February 14, 2020 7:51 PM

NBC:

Justice Department opens inquiry into FBI interview at heart of Flynn's guilty plea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521February 14, 2020 7:56 PM

r515, because this is the season of political trolling. Be prepared for viral political marketers, Putinbots, concern trolls, and flame-baiters.

by Anonymousreply 522February 14, 2020 7:58 PM

NYT:

Border Patrol Will Deploy Elite Tactical Agents to Sanctuary Cities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 14, 2020 7:59 PM

R516, he’s actually having a pretty bad day. The DL (and other) astrologers said his apex would be the day after the impeachment vote, and his downfall will start February 13. I hope they’re right!

by Anonymousreply 524February 14, 2020 8:30 PM

The DOJ looking into the Flynn interview is proof that Barr's "rebuke" to Trump was just political theater. Though it is fun to hear that Trump is hopping mad about no indictment for McCabe. Hicks had better get her kneepads ready.

by Anonymousreply 525February 14, 2020 8:37 PM

Ring of Fire:

Mitch McConnell Blows Up Trump’s Claim About “Do Nothing” Democrats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 14, 2020 8:57 PM

Maybe the others are staying in the race knowing that Sanders will get sicker/die? His health is perilous yet no one in the media questions him about it. He won't release his medical records for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 527February 14, 2020 9:10 PM

Washington Post:

Roger Stone asks for new trial in sealed motion, one day after Trump accused jury forewoman of bias

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 14, 2020 9:32 PM

Projects awarded to blue states are getting cut or cancelled by Trump administration. Elaine Chao doing the deeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 14, 2020 9:51 PM

Pork for battleground state Wisconsin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530February 14, 2020 9:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 14, 2020 10:02 PM

what exactly is mrs. mcconnell's qualifications, experience and education to have her position in the first place again????

by Anonymousreply 532February 14, 2020 10:04 PM

She's a good beard.

by Anonymousreply 533February 14, 2020 10:44 PM

R529, I’m hoping the House is keeping tabs on this bitch, since they work on budget matters.

by Anonymousreply 534February 14, 2020 11:14 PM

Don’t they transport drugs internationally? Does that count as transportation experience?

Is she the cartel boss? She has the look down.

by Anonymousreply 535February 14, 2020 11:21 PM

Elaine brings home the bacon for Mitch's Kentucky. She met with Kentucky reps 4 times the amount than any other state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536February 14, 2020 11:24 PM

Ohhhhh.....remember this from last year?

Fox’s Chris Wallace SLAMS Laura Ingraham after she calls him out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537February 14, 2020 11:24 PM

It's Valentine's Day Love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538February 14, 2020 11:37 PM

That me me throw up in my mouth, r538.....

by Anonymousreply 539February 14, 2020 11:39 PM

Give it up you old silly queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540February 14, 2020 11:48 PM

The Hill:

Sally Yates blasts Trump for using DOJ as 'personal grudge squad'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541February 15, 2020 12:00 AM

YOU know it's illegal to overtly cut programs and do shakedowns for personal political interests. It's illegal. We need to shine the spotlight on him. Tell each and everyone of these states what's happening what the impact is at the street level, etc. This is no time to get sloppy and superficial. Push the media to cover this shit . Not one story or two, but stay on this.

by Anonymousreply 542February 15, 2020 12:00 AM

Adam Schiff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543February 15, 2020 12:03 AM

Good question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544February 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Chris Hayes On How To Check Trump | All In | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 15, 2020 1:46 AM

Blow jobs for EVERYBODY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546February 15, 2020 2:59 AM

Hope better watch herself...didn't she refuse to answer certain questions before Congress and lie when the repubs controlled the House?

The Democrats might not let her get away with it. Chances are something else will happen this year and she'll be called to testify again

by Anonymousreply 547February 15, 2020 3:34 AM

Why doesn’t anyone ask Lindsay why he doesn’t subpoena himself?

After all, he was the one who initiated the investigation into trump along with McCain.

Deplorables are so stupid it’s just unbelieveable. No wonder they’ve been getting a bad deal all these years.

by Anonymousreply 548February 15, 2020 4:14 AM

R547, it's hilarious that you think anyone associated with Trump or the Repug party will ever show up when subpoenaed, let alone just asked to testify. The Repugs in Congress declared Trump dictator when they didn't convict. We are no longer a electoral Republic.

by Anonymousreply 549February 15, 2020 5:24 AM

So have we actually seen fatty’s birth certificate?

by Anonymousreply 550February 15, 2020 5:28 AM

Hope Hicks looks like a dirty whore.

by Anonymousreply 551February 15, 2020 5:33 AM

Why doesn't Senator L. Graham date her? Both single.

by Anonymousreply 552February 15, 2020 9:56 AM

Whose idea was it to bring Hope Hicks back to calm Trump? Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 553February 15, 2020 11:46 AM

Whose idea was it to bring Hope Hicks back to calm Trump? Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 554February 15, 2020 11:47 AM

R551. hope hicks "looks" like a dirty whore? uh, no she is one, at the very least a political power player wannabe whore... never mind, if she wasn't friends with ivanka, she would be lucky (and only qualified for i might add) being a manager of a department store, but now she is "adviser" to the president? what is she going to advise him on? how to comb his hair and what bronzer to use today?

by Anonymousreply 555February 15, 2020 12:02 PM

R555 is still surprised the most unqualified people have important jobs and security clearance at the White House while people like Vindman with actual knowledge and expertise are ousted.

by Anonymousreply 556February 15, 2020 12:42 PM

Military SWAT teams being deployed to American cities that offer sanctuary to asylum seekers, and journalists who actually work for Reuters, ABC, etc photographers, etc. are being arrested in NYC for taking pictures of the NYPD arresting an Asian man. I feel like it's the 1950's again and not in a good way.

Trump is literally consumed with Revenge. Nothing is too small to escape his notice. We're "this close" to putting political opponents in jail. Doesn't matter whether you're a decorated military officer, an ambassador, a member of Congress, a governor, or a high profile journalist. It can happen to anyone.

And right now, he is in the process of making this a policy. This is more than a maniac raging and having a tantrum. He's taking the next step. It is policy. That's important. Because once it becomes a formal policy it will trickle down. There will be Trumpists at the state and local level who will develop an action plan to deal with anyone who opposes Trump.

If you wonder what the fuck I'm talking about, look at Nazi Germany to discover how they implemented the Nazification of Germany. It was very "grassroots." We simply cannot afford to give this man more power. He is dangerous in specific, concrete ways. Not theoretically dangerous. And any of the fools who believe they are exempt, or think they are afraid to push back now, are going to reap the whirlwind.

I'm with Rachel and Adam Schiff. We have to fight. Really fight. People need to stop citing past practices and laws. Right now pay attention to what's happening in your legislatures in every state, especially the ones with Republican majorities or governors. Pay close attention to local ordinances and new laws. Pay close attention to make sure your law enforcement people are doing their jobs they way they're supposed to. Stop saying "well if he does something worse..." He has. He will. There is no bottom.

by Anonymousreply 557February 15, 2020 12:44 PM

Rabid anti-gay politician & SoS Pompeo has accomplished what that is positive?

by Anonymousreply 558February 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Rabid anti-gay politician & SoS Pompeo has accomplished what that is positive?

by Anonymousreply 559February 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Pompeo had Secret Meeting with Russia's Intel guy in Germany, a couple days ago. It was a secret meeting...except the Russians leaked it out.

by Anonymousreply 560February 15, 2020 1:11 PM

I feel like the one thing standing in Trump's way is the judiciary and they are doing their best to take that over. They haven't yet. However, the problem with having only the judiciary standing in the way of this authoritarian piece of shit is that it moves at a glacial pace. Things that should take a month, take years. I really don't see any way to put Trump in check anymore. Impeach him again and again and again for the next nine months? How do we stop him when he declares martial law in October and cancels the election? What do we do when the jack-booted thugs show up to arrest Joe and Hunter Biden on Barr's orders? When it is reported by the CIA/FBI that there is incontrovertible evidence that Russian and Saudi Arabia have both hacked the actual election and gave the win to Trump and the sitting Repug governors in those states and in the Senate just shrug their shoulders?

by Anonymousreply 561February 15, 2020 1:11 PM

Just pay attention. When the Republicans, and especially Trump's campaign team saw that Pete was a frontrunner, that Pete was gaining strength they went on the attack. Did they go after him for his policy positions? No. Did they go after him for his record? No. Did they go after him for his lack of experience? No. They attacked him for being Gay. Those ugly homophobic attacks poison the atmosphere. They trickle down to the local level. So we are not exempt for the filth they will be spewing. They will crush us if they feel it is a good political expedient.

by Anonymousreply 562February 15, 2020 1:14 PM

R561 is right. We have a weakened Judiciary, and we have the House. They have the Senate and the Executive. And honestly both are weaker than they want you to know. Right now we need to make sure Doug Jones and Joe Manchin are safe. And we need to take out Susan Collins and a few others. I think Graham and McConnell are a pipe dream. In truth, Graham may be easier to unseat. The African American vote in South Carolina is important. They'll try to suppress it.

by Anonymousreply 563February 15, 2020 1:20 PM

I think Hope is back because apparently nobody else was capable of blending Trump's make-up.

by Anonymousreply 564February 15, 2020 1:44 PM

R556.. NO, i'm NOT surprised, it's still shocking and unbelievable to me that's all!..shocking and sickening both that "lump" i mean trump does this and perhaps just as bad if not WORSE people like hope hicks KNOW they are unqualified and don't deserve such positions and could care less and take the jobs anyway! this goes beyond narcissism and ambitious this is purely downright evil and/or insanity. LITERALLY...

any sane human person over the age of 12 couldn't even FATHOM taking such a position and other positions when they are not qualified, educated enough, experienced enough and also know there are COUNTLESS people who ARE and SHOULD have these positions and when said positions affect MILLIONS, not just their little ole self and little world...

by Anonymousreply 565February 15, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]When the Republicans saw that Pete was a frontrunner ... they attacked him for being Gay.

Was this a surprise to you? Trump and the Republicans used Obama's presidency to stoke racial resentment and give white supremacists a voice that civil society had of late denied them. Of course, they're going to tap into the ugly undercurrent of homophobia in this country and empower bigots to spout their hate much more loudly in the public square.

That's not a reason to deny Pete a vote, but just be prepared -- it could get very, very ugly, very, very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 566February 15, 2020 2:20 PM

And while they do that, r562, they slyly mention that they wouldn’t I have a problem running against a gay man. It’s 1972 all over again. Nixon wanted to run against McGovern so he destroyed Ed Muskie’s candidacy (remember Watergate?). Dump wants to run against Sanders or Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 567February 15, 2020 2:25 PM

Lev Parnas' attorney thinks Barr and Giuliani conspired to get Lev Parnas arrested to keep him from talking to Adam Schiff.

[quote]Joseph A. Bondy @josephabondy

[quote]A fair inference is that Lev Parnas’s arrest was part of a coordinated effort to thwart the exercise of his rights to comply with a Congressional demand for documents, and to testify against the President in the impeachment inquiry.

The timeline below spells out how they did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568February 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Deplorables would not vote for Pete if he was straight as an arrow and brags about grabbing pussy.

The Republicans want to.run against socialist, free shit promising, Bernie, and watch the Democratic down ballot loses, whereby Republicans win both Houses of Congress along with the Presidency. Big loses in state and local races for Democrats as well.

by Anonymousreply 569February 15, 2020 2:45 PM

I'm now more convinced than ever that Barr had Epstein murdered.

by Anonymousreply 570February 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Fox News reports that Trump wants to take a lap around the track before the Daytona 500 this Sunday, in the presidential limousine known as "The Beast."

When Michelle Obama attended a NASCAR event in 2014, she was booed. Presidential Medal of Freedom honoree Rush Limbaugh explained at the time that the fans were protesting the First Lady's "uppity-ism."

by Anonymousreply 571February 15, 2020 2:59 PM

Who ever they run against they need to demonize. They motivate their voters by scaring them, pissing them off and the usual tricks like hacking, suppression, etc.

by Anonymousreply 572February 15, 2020 2:59 PM

Barr is a clean up guy. He didn't have anyone murdered. There are a lot of people who a re capable and in a better position. Barr steps in afterwards to send a raiding party to Epstein's island to confiscate evidence.

by Anonymousreply 573February 15, 2020 3:01 PM

[quote]Fox News reports that Trump wants to take a lap around the track before the Daytona 500 this Sunday, in the presidential limousine known as "The Beast."

I'm guessing jogging around the track is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 574February 15, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote]Fox News reports that Trump wants to take a lap around the track before the Daytona 500 this Sunday, in the presidential limousine known as "The Beast."

He's a fucking child.

by Anonymousreply 575February 15, 2020 3:13 PM

I agree Barr jumped into the Trump circle because of Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 576February 15, 2020 3:18 PM

Is Hope taking laps around Javankas pussies?

by Anonymousreply 577February 15, 2020 3:22 PM

Yes, r575, he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 15, 2020 3:24 PM

I find the photo at R578 terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 579February 15, 2020 3:26 PM

R573, Barr pays a visit to the jail where Epstein was being held and days later Epstein "commits suicide"? Um, that's not suspicious to you?

by Anonymousreply 580February 15, 2020 3:46 PM

If one believe's that Roseann's brother is a, "cleanup guy," why wouldn't one believe that murdering someone is part of a cleanup job?

by Anonymousreply 581February 15, 2020 3:50 PM

R571, can you imagine the security we have to pay for to protect this demented man-child from getting shot? He's in an open arena, going around in a circle. It's like he's a perfect target for a sniper. This is moronic and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 582February 15, 2020 3:51 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583February 15, 2020 3:59 PM

r527, I'm sure that Bernie will release his full medical records when Trump releases his.

by Anonymousreply 584February 15, 2020 4:02 PM

r527, I'm sure that Bernie will release his full medical records when Trump releases his.

by Anonymousreply 585February 15, 2020 4:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 15, 2020 4:03 PM

R580, I'm not saying Barr wasn't involved. I am saying Barr's function is to protect and clean up messes. As the consigliere he may point out problems and troubles and "suggest" they need to be dealt with, but he would never order a hit.

He would probably say, " oh, too bad about Epstein" knowing full well he was hit on purpose. This gives him the greenlight to secure all the dirt. Right now, Barr is the most powerful guy in our country. Seriously.

He has access to all incoming Intel and vets it for the President. He has secured the Epstein "situation. "And gods only know what dirt he is cleaning up for Trump and his kids. Look. Nixon had his "plumbers." Putin as former FSB agents and assassins. Do you think we do not have access to similar? And the person who gives the order is not going to be known to any of us.

by Anonymousreply 587February 15, 2020 4:06 PM

Incredibly naive to believe that Barr wouldn't do something like that IMO.

by Anonymousreply 588February 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Bernie wouldn't release his medical records back in 2016, long before Dotard wouldn't. Just like he wouldn't release his taxes for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 589February 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Barr is never going to implicate himself in murder. Never. Anyone who has been observing him would appreciate how he sees himself and the fact that he is a fucking weasel, just like Trump. Now Trump might be stupid enough to order a hit. Hearing him scream on that tape to get rid of Yanokovich, was scary. Barr is a co-conspirator, but Barr is always going to maintain deniability. He is a slimy bastard.

by Anonymousreply 590February 15, 2020 4:11 PM

Barr doesn't give a shit because he knows he'll get away with it regardless.

by Anonymousreply 591February 15, 2020 4:12 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592February 15, 2020 4:12 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 593February 15, 2020 4:13 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 594February 15, 2020 4:13 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 595February 15, 2020 4:13 PM

Out.

by Anonymousreply 596February 15, 2020 4:13 PM

Link

by Anonymousreply 597February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

below

by Anonymousreply 598February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

for

by Anonymousreply 599February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

new

by Anonymousreply 600February 15, 2020 4:14 PM

thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 15, 2020 4:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!